Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I've got a question on the new "improved" moderation

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 01:07 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Default I've got a question on the new "improved" moderation

**** disclaimer*** Not trying to pic a fight here.

I just want to know....Am i still allowed to be a smart ***? I think you all know me, If I have something to add to a post I will, but I also like to make a smart assed comment now and then..ok may a little more than now and then. SO it tends to get a post off topic. I don't make off topic posts, but I am responsible for several of them going into off topic for awhile. I think you all know that's just my personality. So while this post maybe OFF TOPIC it does pertain to todays events in this section so please don't move it.

So I just want to know...Do I have to start censoring myself? Can I only post a reply that is 100% relevant? Just need to know.

I'm not poking fun, or trying to cause a problem,just trying to figure out the new procedure.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:27 AM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Default RE: I've got a question on the new "improved" moderation

I also need some clarification. After a hard day at work, or my wife has been nagging me, and I feel the need to come on to the board and make an *** out of myself, should I do this in the 4.0 section (since I own a 6 cylinder), or will there be a special "Make an *** out of yourself" section open to all Mustang owners?
Old 06-28-2006, 01:39 AM
Fizzie06
3rd Gear Member

I say go for it. The stuff you guys post crack me up. And then my crap *** day gets better
Old 06-28-2006, 01:41 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

LMAO! I can make an *** out of myself whereever, I just want to know if I have to be all serious and what not just because it's a tech thread. Because If I do I may just have to keep my infinate (LMHAO!) wisdom all to myself, Because I'm not good at doing things in a serious nature.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:48 AM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Blaz... your sig picture is missing... it must have left for another forum becuase it felt it was off topic. See, we're alienating our .jpg's already.
Old 06-28-2006, 01:53 AM
Rrruss
1st Gear Member

I've seen other forums open a new area called "fight club".... a place where people can shoot darts at will, keeping it seperate from the rest of the topics... but quite frankly it takes a lot of the fun away from the general topics.

The friendly banter adds to the atmosphere and makes it seem more interesting. Every forum needs a "whipping boy", someone that gets picked on and can take a joke without taking it as a personal attack.
A lot can be learned about people from some good off topic chatter.

If that possibility is taken away here the crickets will start chirpin' pretty quick.
Less traffic = less participation = more "bump" posts due to lack of replies
Old 06-28-2006, 12:22 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

At least you guys have excuses for being an ***.

I was simply born one!

and a comment from me... I do realize that hanging in a "specific" thread, you tend to bond to those you see all the time and establish a sort of psycho friendship with the handles you see every day and that WILL lead to some idle banter between members in a thread...

That is cool.. and is going to happen....

I just can't have 100 of banter threads running at the same time... if you get my drift.

Here is a thought... create a V6 Idle Banter thread... then just keep changing the subject within it rather then starting a new thread.. LOL.. if nothing else the confusion could get interesting..

Like trying to keep up with multiple conversations in Yahoo Chat.

I appreciate you guys calming down and getting back to the business of having MF fun...

now... I have to go... I'm need to duck outside, smoke a cig and get a mustang fix... (stand and gloat at my car!).
Old 06-28-2006, 01:37 PM
Black06stang
4th Gear Member

I actually like these offtopic comments...they are what makes this forum fun and interesting! So keep em coming!
Old 06-28-2006, 02:00 PM
ricanpassion
3rd Gear Member

Blaze....without you this forum would be bland and no fun!
Stay blazen & keep em fires burning!
Old 06-28-2006, 03:06 PM
Erdrickk
2nd Gear Member

I like these new rules and the increased moderation...there are times when one jackass makes an account and we all wish there was a mod at hand.

As for the topic of the whipping boy, I was born one! *Crack* All I have to do is make an awesome comment like...."My riced out prius K.O'd a SR-71 Blackbird in a race today, it was awesome!!!"

Quick Reply: I've got a question on the new "improved" moderation