Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My thoughts

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2006, 02:03 AM
v6stanggoddess
1st Gear Member

Default My thoughts

I am a newb on these forums. But I have been around trying to learn alot for a while around here. I think that cleaning up is a good thing on posts about WAY off topic things. We should not make this into an off topic/4.0 tech section. What I find funny are the posts WITHIN the topics. That is something this board is great at. When I first started out I went to a place called mustang world. THeir forums are horrible. The Gt owners rip the v6 owners in their own section. And the moderators do nothing. I would hate to see this place go down that way. It is a stink hole there. My first reply to my first post was that I should have bought a gt. ANd then, well you are a girl so its better you bought a v6. I hate that crap. I just saw a lady that looked 60 years old driving a gt havin a good ol time. I think the way off topic posts about this and that are just OT. But as long as we do not get rid of whats funny within each post.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:14 AM
goxley11
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: My thoughts

I think you're right on target. This needs to be a place to discuss tech issues and have fun at the same time...within reason.

The moderators here do a good job of maintaining it as a tech forum along with letting the personalities of the users come through. I've looked into several other Mustang sites and this one is my favorite. I think we do a good job of welcoming new folks and bringing them along. It's interesting to see the progression in certain users from month to month.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:18 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

I agree, My only worry with all of this is that next someone might want my personality stifened. I'd hate that. I really like being able to help people out when I can, but I've got to be able to be me while I do it.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:25 AM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

I used to be on stangnet (not very active)-->you'd have to wait at least a day to get areplies, and since I came here, I've been on really often (Its almost like a chat room) and honestly I think it's unhealthy for me to be on here for so long. LOL But I have to agree its fun around here and I always have a little chuckle at my desk every once in a while.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:33 AM
cejaay13
1st Gear Member

I will try to not sound like a jerk when I say this...here goes.

If you don't what to read the off topic post, then dont open them.
Mustang worls sounds like a buch of A holes.

Speaking of Off Topic...Isn't this thread off topic. : )

ORIGINAL: v6stanggoddess

I am a newb on these forums. But I have been around trying to learn alot for a while around here. I think that cleaning up is a good thing on posts about WAY off topic things. We should not make this into an off topic/4.0 tech section. What I find funny are the posts WITHIN the topics. That is something this board is great at. When I first started out I went to a place called mustang world. THeir forums are horrible. The Gt owners rip the v6 owners in their own section. And the moderators do nothing. I would hate to see this place go down that way. It is a stink hole there. My first reply to my first post was that I should have bought a gt. ANd then, well you are a girl so its better you bought a v6. I hate that crap. I just saw a lady that looked 60 years old driving a gt havin a good ol time. I think the way off topic posts about this and that are just OT. But as long as we do not get rid of whats funny within each post.
Old 06-28-2006, 02:43 AM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

its totaly on topic imh

im making a pool so vote please
Old 06-28-2006, 09:54 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: goxley11

I think you're right on target. This needs to be a place to discuss tech issues and have fun at the same time...within reason.

The moderators here do a good job of maintaining it as a tech forum along with letting the personalities of the users come through. I've looked into several other Mustang sites and this one is my favorite. I think we do a good job of welcoming new folks and bringing them along. It's interesting to see the progression in certain users from month to month.
Most forums will let the occassional OT slide as long as the topics are genaraly within the categories they are in. The Mustang forums out there are dirverse in thier setup as well making comparissions difficult. Stangnet a year ago was the busiest V6 4.0 forum next to MF, then 5 too many V8 trolls/V6 wars started, and everyone went to TMS. Then TMS crashed every 15 minutes and everyone started double posting in the Collective and MF. LOL. Like a roller coaster ride.

But one thing I like about here and the Collective is the ability to cut jokes in the middle of a thread, I think that is cool and helps create a cohesiveness in the forum.
Old 06-28-2006, 10:39 AM
toosober
I ♥ Acer

+1 I agree. I am guilty as the next guy for popping off in the middle of a tech discussion, but I don't feel guilty. I like coming here, It is informative, fun, and entertaining.
Speeking of entertaining, fun and popping off, I should have my XCAL2 back today! Seems like it has been a year since I sent the defective one back to Alternative Auto. I will keep everyone informed.

P.S.

Fear the Prius.

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

ORIGINAL: goxley11

Most forums will let the occassional OT slide as long as the topics are genaraly within the categories they are in. The Mustang forums out there are dirverse in thier setup as well making comparissions difficult. Stangnet a year ago was the busiest V6 4.0 forum next to MF, then 5 too many V8 trolls/V6 wars started, and everyone went to TMS. Then TMS crashed every 15 minutes and everyone started double posting in the Collective and MF. LOL. Like a roller coaster ride.

But one thing I like about here and the Collective is the ability to cut jokes in the middle of a thread, I think that is cool and helps create a cohesiveness in the forum.
Old 06-28-2006, 11:41 AM
tino
I ♥ Acer

I have learned so much about my steed in this forum....... I wouldn't change a thing.

It is ok to put OT posting (really OT?...we are not talking OT...... as lunar landing module mechanics.....) event the OT topics are informative and letting loose makes this place as fun as it is informative. IMO if someone just wants it to be strictly tech... don read OT's.... or buy chilton's online Mustang repair manuals.....

My two cents!!
Old 06-28-2006, 11:47 AM
tripsevn7
Moderating with Angels

please pm me with any and all questions and concerns. thanks