MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   V6 S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion-48/)
-   -   Rock on! C&L - XCAL2 87 Tune from Alternative Auto (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion/145156-rock-on-c-and-l-xcal2-87-tune-from-alternative-auto.html)

toosober 06-28-2006 02:23 PM

Rock on! C&L - XCAL2 87 Tune from Alternative Auto

I just installed my new XCAL2 & C&L today form Alternative Auto during my lunch break. OMG what a difference. Since I have 3/4 tank of 87 I flashed with the 87 tune.
1. Shift points have changed dramaticly, they are much more aggresive.
2. Before the tune and the CAI when tromping on the gas from a dead start, the car would bog unitl about 2k or so RPM preventing rear tire spin, now that sucker lights right up.
3. While rolling in first gear, on a wide range of RPMs the tire breaks loose. (I see a T-Lock in my near future)
4. I can actually hear the engine sucking in air on accelaration from the new C&L intake, what a cool sound! I installed new intakes on my Harley's and Buell's and I love that sound the intake makes.
5. Throttle response has dramaticly improved, no hesitation when giving it a little or alot of gas.
This is everything that I noticed so far, it was a quick 10 minute ride back to work from home, so I am sure I have more little suprises a head!

So far I am very pleased.

rygenstormlocke 06-28-2006 02:24 PM

RE: Rock on! C&L - XCAL2 87 Tune from Alternative Auto

Right on man!!!!! You know, its like clock work. Got a CAI/Tuner combo....oh man, now I need a LSD and some gears. Never fails.

Glad you are digging it!

pat6674u 06-28-2006 02:25 PM

Congratulations Sober, Welcome to the club. Even if you don't keep it, go for the 91 or 93 tune next. The car just runs like a champ with the higher octane fual. All the improvements just get better. You have the filter on right this time I hope.

pat6674u 06-28-2006 02:27 PM

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

Right on man!!!!! You know, its like clock work. Got a CAI/Tuner combo....oh man, now I need a LSD and some gears. Never fails.

Glad you are digging it!
I feel the same way. Got my T-lok and 3.73's delivered today but it may take some time to get them installed.

SPARTAN VI 06-28-2006 02:30 PM

ORIGINAL: pat6674u

Congratulations Sober, Welcome to the club. Even if you don't keep it, go for the 91 or 93 tune next. The car just runs like a champ with the higher octane fual. All the improvements just get better. You have the filter on right this time I hope.
Put it on right? How can you put it on incorrectly? It only fits one way? [&:]

beaustang 06-28-2006 02:32 PM

My tuner just shipped yesterday from Bamachips, I can't wait! Congrats Soberman, have fun but don't get a ticket for exhibition of speed!

pat6674u 06-28-2006 02:33 PM

ORIGINAL: SPARTAN VI

ORIGINAL: pat6674u

Put it on right? How can you put it on incorrectly? It only fits one way? [&:]
It was part of a post last week when his XCAL didn't work, I told him he had his filter on upside down (he provided a pic of installation). Sorry, didn't mean to highjack, please don't moderate me.

hamidlmt 06-28-2006 02:34 PM

Snazzy!

I got my limited slip and gears just about a month after my C&L intake and Bamachips X-cal 2 tune.... won't be long before you do too!

SPARTAN VI 06-28-2006 02:53 PM

Haha, moderated. ;)

How can you put the filter on upside down? You mean the actual shroud? The thing is the same the whole way around?

..or did I just fall victim to a joke. [X(]

Gizzmo0411 06-28-2006 02:58 PM

How do the tunes from alternative auto compare to the ones from bamachips? I'm just curious if there is any major different in the methods used between the two companies.