Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Just upgraded from Bullits to fanblades **added pics

Old 06-29-2006, 01:12 PM
Sevalley
1st Gear Member

Default Just upgraded from Bullits to fanblades **added pics

I wasn't sure if it would be worth it, but I love the way it looks. The 18" fills in the gap completely. Even though I have a 1.5" drop, there was still a small wheel well gap, now there is none whatsover, I love the look of 18s. I will post pics as soon as I take some. Tonight, I am going to install the single GT Takeoff muffler. I can't wait for the new sound to match the new look! I had bought both mufflers and the rear GT bumper, but now I am thinking I would rather just have the single to keep the v6 look and not be too much of a GT repilca. Plus the labor of installing the bumper is going to be a lot of work, so I will be selling a GT Takeoff bumper in tungsten grey very soon! I also got the GT sway bars, I wil install the rear one over the weekend. I really think the v6 needs it, especially the vert, which I have had problems with the rear end feeling loose at high speeds or quick manuevers.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:37 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Just upgraded from Bullits to fanblades

Sounds cool but hold on to the bumper and muffler for a while, you might change your mind on the duals. I have the GT duals and they sound excellent, you'll pick up some HP too with the duals.
Old 06-29-2006, 01:58 PM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: beaustang

Sounds cool but hold on to the bumper and muffler for a while, you might change your mind on the duals. I have the GT duals and they sound excellent, you'll pick up some HP too with the duals.
You won't pick up any noticeable hp on our cars going duals vs single axleback, with just bolt-ons anyway. F/I is a different story.
Old 06-29-2006, 04:41 PM
Sevalley
1st Gear Member

I just drove into work with the new wheels/tires and I dunno if its all in my head, but the car seemed to feel weightier, like I needed more torque to pull hard on the freeway. maybe im just fooling myself into thinking that to justify getting the CAI ith xcal ive been wanting. is there any mpg or hp gain from putting on the single gt takeoff muffler? i doubt it, but im sure itll sound cooler and I like the slant cut metal tip much better. There was a tiny bit of the tires rubbing against something on sharp u-turns (im assuming the steering linkage or something), but now that I am aware of it, it wont be a problem. I also think they 18s added a little extra clearance under my car, as I used to scrape on my driveway pulling in fast, and now I dont. I took some pics but didnt bring my wire into work to connect and upload!
Old 06-29-2006, 04:49 PM
Jiraiya
2nd Gear Member

Wow, I was sure I wouldn't be the first...

[sm=ttiwwp.gif]

Show me the money!
Old 06-29-2006, 10:56 PM
Sevalley
1st Gear Member

Jus got home from work, here are the pics:

[IMG]local://upfiles/27390/21358CE2EB78470CA978B0879382B01F.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/27390/8C9DA097CD9E41BFB0942D9F54DED044.jpg[/IMG]
Old 06-29-2006, 10:58 PM
Sevalley
1st Gear Member

heres before:

sorry, no pics yet of top down with new rims. thats how it looks the sweetest though.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:05 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Sorry man, but I like it with the Bullitts better; of course I'm a little bias as you can see by my pic! But congrats, and enjoy them.
Old 06-29-2006, 11:07 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

Pm me for a great deal on GT bumpers take offs and gt take off mufflers, u can install the whole body kit in about 2 hours.

Paul
Old 06-29-2006, 11:10 PM
Fizzie06
3rd Gear Member

I like the billets better also but I also like the fanblades they just don't fit the mustang quite like the billetts

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Just upgraded from Bullits to fanblades **added pics