Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Nos or Supercharger

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 01:55 PM
bluhawkshockey31
2nd Gear Member

Default Nos or Supercharger

hey guys i just sold my dirtbike so i have a lil extra money and i was thinkin about either doing a ZEX nos setup or savin the money i have and goin for a supercharger....with the mods i have tho wouldnt it be better to go with nos so i didnt waste all of my money on a CAI and tuner?? Also the nos is much cheaper so when u give your opinion please keep in mind a budget.Thanks
Old 06-29-2006, 02:12 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Nos or Supercharger

If you want the power available on the street I would go with the blower. If you are only using it at the track, get the Nitrous. NOS is a brand of Nitrous kits btw. When I was using Nitrous, I had a best run of 13.6 with the 100HP shot on street tires. If you go this route, make sure you get the racers kit that includes the blow off valve, blow down tube, bottle heater and pressure gauge. Also read up on it so you understand what it entails safety wise. When respected, its a reliable and good power adder.
Old 06-29-2006, 02:25 PM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

Just a heads-up, calling nitrous Nos in front of gearheads is a sure way to get made fun of and be swarmed with FatF references and jokes. NOS just stands for Nitrous Oxide Systems, a brand that sells nitrous kits...

And like Rygen said, unless you want to get it for the track, don't get nitrous. It gets annoying quickly if you just want the extra around-town boost. For that get a blower, or even better a turbo setup [8D]
Old 06-29-2006, 03:15 PM
bluhawkshockey31
2nd Gear Member

my bad....i dont really know anything about Nitrous so...give the new kid a break. Ive just always called it NOS. Anyway, what would be cheaper a Turbo or supercharger? And who would you guys recomend going with brand-wise? Which would be the smarter choice turo? or supercharger
Old 06-29-2006, 03:20 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

The turbo is more money but it's going to make the most power. Depends on how much you want to spend and what you want to do with it. If you want a fairly low cost SC that makes a ton of power on the street, get an X-Charger. I have nitrous but i only use it at the track and I don't do that much. Here's a little list i made of power adders for our cars:
http://american-speed.com/collective...read.php?t=167
Old 06-29-2006, 03:38 PM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bluhawkshockey31

my bad....i dont really know anything about Nitrous so...give the new kid a break. Ive just always called it NOS. Anyway, what would be cheaper a Turbo or supercharger? And who would you guys recomend going with brand-wise? Which would be the smarter choice turo? or supercharger
Wasn't trying to give you a hard time, just save you from some embarressment, believe me some forums are brutal with stuff like saying nos

A turbo always will make more power then a supercharger because of how the systems are set up, for street use i'd get a s/c, for track use a turbo. Just depends what you want. Superchargers are also generally more reliable then a turbo and don't take as much upkeep to maintain.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:51 PM
bluhawkshockey31
2nd Gear Member

well...from the link u gave me...bang for the buck seems to point at the X-charger...u said early 2006 avalability? Does that mean its out or no? Also if i install a supercharger...will there be a deff. dramatic difference...or will it just be another small change? Not trying to sound stupid..but im new to all of this so im just wondering.
Old 06-29-2006, 03:59 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Not out yet but will be shorty, Afixer is the only one that has one.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:15 PM
Goliath
1st Gear Member

just to let you know of your faux pas, NOS is Nitrous Oxide Systems, it is a manufacturer/brand similar to Kleenex or Oreo or anything. So saying Zex Nos system isn't necessarily a double something or another. and plus always talking about "Nawz" makes you sound like someone who saw fast and furious and thought it was neat.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:20 PM
toosober
I ♥ Acer

Just get both. LOL

Quick Reply: Nos or Supercharger