Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Shopping around for FI

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 04:28 PM
Goliath
1st Gear Member

Default Shopping around for FI

Just got a bonus at work, so that means its shopping time. I am leaning toward the PH turbo, but a good deal on a procharger or vortech would be just fine, or even the EE if it's for sale yet (which I know it's not) if the deal is good enough. Mainly interested in procharger dealers and any info on support with regard to getting a good tune as well (i realize it is a collossal headache)
Old 06-29-2006, 04:51 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Shopping around for FI

Do you plan on doing the install yourself? What is your goal for the car, street, track or both? For street, the EE is a really nice unit, and Vortech is a high quality unit. It's a tough one without starting a which FI unit is better debate.

When I was looking to go SC (before I thought I had the turbo as an option), my research indicated that the Vortech had the least install issues and better customer support. My local shop insisted that it be a Vortech over the Procharger. They said the Prochargers always leak and have fitment issues, however.....Flapjack had a great experience with his. At the end of the day I chose Vortech.....but then the Turbo was available and the rest is history.
Old 06-29-2006, 05:09 PM
Goliath
1st Gear Member

heh as I mentioned, I am leaning toward turbo (once the mail order is up and running).

I might take it to the track once or twice once it's blown, but pretty much just some more oomph on the street. I like the EE unit just fine, I'm not looking for absurd power (addicted to turbo from friends jetta wolfsburg edition and another friends eagle talon TSI, loved those cars). I'll install a procharger/vortech myself, got a mechanic friend who I'm going to enlist with a case of beer to oversee the whole process (he loves this kind of stuff). The only dyno I want to satisfy is the seat of my pants. Like I said, I'll probably end up with the turbo, but if I went with another type of FI, I'd have some cash left to get the wheels I really want and maybe a Tlock/true track. Course, if I go centri, I'm going to need 3.73s at the very least.

My real question is any online vendors who sell this kinda stuff and have good prices. I do love the look of the IC poking out of the lower grille.
Old 06-29-2006, 06:50 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

I believe you can order the X-Charger now for around $3200. Correct me if I'm wrong here Afixer. It would be easy to install yourself and you would have no lag whatsoever! That being said, I love the turbo. You really can't go wrong with any of them. Doug from BamaChips is doing the tunes for the X-Charger so you won't get a "starter" tune like with some of the superchargers. Depends on what you want.
Old 06-29-2006, 06:59 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

3 words
turbo group buy
Old 06-29-2006, 07:00 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: fazm

3 words
turbo group buy
Yeah, that's a great deal. =)
Old 06-29-2006, 07:31 PM
onefastv6
3rd Gear Member

group buy? can we wait till i get my C&L
Old 06-29-2006, 07:41 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: onefastv6

group buy? can we wait till i get my C&L
Why bother with a C&L if you are getting a turbo? The turbo comes with it's own filter/CAI.
Old 06-29-2006, 07:57 PM
Fizzie06
3rd Gear Member

tell me where to sign the dotted line
Old 06-29-2006, 11:53 PM
Goliath
1st Gear Member

I'm down for a turbo group buy. I got a C&L intake, a AEM intake, a Predator and an SCT. Guess what? both those intakes are worthless once I get FI. bahahhahaha. I'm after the xcharger or the turbo, the centri's don't interest me too much, don't get me wrong, great units, just not interested in em a whole lot.

Quick Reply: Shopping around for FI