Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

close call!

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2006, 11:18 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Default close call!

So I'm driving on a one lane road about 30 mph with a Mercedes in front of me, he starts to veer to the right to go up a road that goes that way. All of the sudden he whips a U-turn right in front of me! I lean on the horn and pull hard left and got by him by about a foot! I'll tell you, the sway bars really helped, I know I wasn't going very fast but it was a really hard swerve and there was no body roll at all. What a jag-off that guy was!
Old 06-29-2006, 11:22 PM
Fizzie06
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: close call!

Close call.........good to know you and your car are ok.

JUST FOR MODERATORS...LOL:
Sway bars don't come on our cars unless we get the pony package and so it pertains to 4.0

I have the sway bars on my car also I can tell a difference
Old 06-29-2006, 11:28 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Good call! I also put on the Hellwig rear and GT front.
ORIGINAL: Fizzie06

Close call.........good to know you and your car are ok.

JUST FOR MODERATORS...LOL:
Sway bars don't come on our cars unless we get the pony package and so it pertains to 4.0

I have the sway bars on my car also I can tell a difference
Old 06-29-2006, 11:28 PM
Erdrickk
2nd Gear Member

Man I am Glad your Stang is alright!!!!

haha just kidding I am glad you are ok as well! Something like that happen to me today except at much higher speeds today...I was doing 110 KPH on the highway and about 15 feet in front of me in the right lane out of nowhere this Mean Minivan MOM swerves in to my lane I had to swerve in to the left lane to avoid hitting her...I honked my horn, gave her the finger and all she did was wave at me...WTF

For the Mods:

Warning, Minivan Moms are a MAJOR road hazzard to Mustangs, please stay as far away as possible from them! They can cause serious mustang damage
Old 06-29-2006, 11:36 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

It seems like there are a lot of a-holes on the road. Yesterday I'm cruising down Coast Highway in Laguna Beach in the right lane when some lady in the LEFT lane sees a parking spot on the street on the right curb and whips right in front of me to park! I mean this dumb *** tried to parellel park from the left lane! Another close call!
ORIGINAL: Erdrickk

Man I am Glad your Stang is alright!!!!

haha just kidding I am glad you are ok as well! Something like that happen to me today except at much higher speeds today...I was doing 110 KPH on the highway and about 15 feet in front of me in the right lane out of nowhere this Mean Minivan MOM swerves in to my lane I had to swerve in to the left lane to avoid hitting her...I honked my horn, gave her the finger and all she did was wave at me...WTF

For the Mods:

Warning, Minivan Moms are a MAJOR road hazzard to Mustangs, please stay as far away as possible from them! They can cause serious mustang damage
Old 06-30-2006, 12:47 AM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

yup, EVERYONE drives badly at least once in their driving career, but why dus everyone make their first misshaps NEAR OUR STANGS EH?
Old 06-30-2006, 12:54 AM
Erdrickk
2nd Gear Member

our stangs = MAGNETS for OTHER bad drivers!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and also Dogs and curbs
Old 06-30-2006, 01:58 AM
Fizzie06
3rd Gear Member

How many people have hit dogs in here alone or hit a curb and fcked up the 4.0 FORD MUSTANG 2005-2006 CARby swerving to miss the dog
Old 06-30-2006, 12:43 PM
jim01028
2nd Gear Member

How many people have hit dogs in here alone or hit a curb and fcked up the 4.0 FORD MUSTANG 2005-2006 CARby swerving to miss the dog
I've been driving for 20 years with 3 hit dogs and 5 racoons and no wrecked cars!
Old 06-30-2006, 04:37 PM
puppet
1st Gear Member

my friend 8 barrel, who has never ridden in my 2006 ford Mustang 4.0 with pony package-exclusive anti-roll bars once hit a curb to - ahem - "avoid a dog." In truth, he was trying to avoid a giant pink elephant in the middle of the road, back when that just an error in judgment and not a crime aginast future generations. If he had a 2005-2006 Ford Mustang 4.0 V-6 with it's highly technical suspension thingies and other tech stuff exclusive to the 2005-06 4.0 V-6, the failed curbhunter experiment would not have occurred, the invisible dog would have survived, and the mods would have been pleased.

Quick Reply: close call!