Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

4.0 + water=Mustang crash please read as it could save yours

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 09:11 PM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang crash

Glad your alive dude. Keep us posted.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:17 PM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hammeron

i'm really sorry to hear about your stang getting bruised and
glad it wasn't worse. I do hope you find other morals to the
story someday besides:

"The moral is, the stock 16 tires suck ***. "

Hell, when I've recked cars, somehow i always knew it
was my own damned fault..

Hope your stang gets fixed up and back on the road real soon.
It was my fault no doubt, do i think the tires and rain and all were factors, yes...but in the end the responsability of the car was mine, and the guilt of losing control of it is mine.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:24 PM
Harry_F
3rd Gear Member

glad your ok. i am in complete agreement with you though the stock tires are horrible. in SW Florida it rains so much same thing happened to me. but i lucked out and didn't hit anything.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:28 PM
Sevalley
1st Gear Member

glad to hear you made it. About the tires, you are 100% correct. I had them when I first got my stang and the 16" stock tires/wheels were horrendous. I felt like the back end was going to give out at any given moment. Even on dry concrete, when I would be going fast on the freeway and hit a bump, I would feel the back end give out, if there was a strong gust of wind, Id feel the tail go loose, I felt very unsafe. Now, with the 18s, I really feel like the car is anchored to the ground. Cant wait to get the rear sway bar installed so it feels like it even more! Once you fix your car, get 17 or 18s!
Old 06-30-2006, 09:34 PM
whatdaproblemis0
3rd Gear Member

sorry to hear that mann now I think I have to be the first one to post this[sm=ttiwwp.gif] sorry had to do it but its good to hear your ok
Old 06-30-2006, 09:37 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

I hate driving in the rain. I'm on the highway and I can feel the rear end kicking out. I always feel like I'm on the brink of pulling a 720 when I drive on freeways in the rain.
Old 06-30-2006, 09:44 PM
jlcljayne
1st Gear Member

Sorry to hear about your car. Since the rear drive car is new to you I would recommend getting out away from town, cops and other cars and getting the feel of your car. I grew up with hot rods in Colorado so learning to drive on the snow makes correcting a car second nature. If you get used to the weight of the car, the breaking point when the back end comes out from under ya and how to correct it...you will be able to possibly avoid accidents in the future.

Not preaching at ya but encourage you to learn you car and its habits...and its fun. Glad your ok!
Old 06-30-2006, 09:52 PM
1sttime

I thought the purpose of traction control was to keep you from losing control. This is the first car I have owned with it. I noticed that it does keep your car from fish tailing. The first day I got it I hit the gas for a corner and no fishtail. I was disappointed because when I grew up that was the fun thing to do fishtail the corners. ( I didn't know what traction control was then or that I had it lol.) Then I turned it off and it did fishtail. My brother was laughing asking if I was sure if I remembered how to do it. But the point being isn't it suppose to keep you from losing control? Sorry about your car though that wouls suck
Old 06-30-2006, 10:03 PM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

Sorry to hear about your accident man. Don't feel bad though b/c last night i did the same thing. But it was in the end of the parking lot of my work. Roads where wet, i turned gave a lil to much gas and fish tailed it. Recovered, fishtailed again then slid through the grass and hit a tree branch. Luckily The only damage was just a lil dent that can be popped out b/w the windshield and the passenger side mirror. That and i had tree leaves and pine crap all of it. Thank god, i just gotta wash it tomorrow.

And, yes i agree with you that the stock tires suck ****!!!!! I would suggest getting some new tires and while your at it use it as an excuse to get some new rims, maybe buillits? stock ones are a PITA to clean as you know(Call me Mr.Obvious). Sorry the jacking!!!
Old 06-30-2006, 10:05 PM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

Oh, and glad your ok dude. You're really lucky that their wasn't some women doing her makeup while driving with the sunvisior down looking at herself, talking on the phone. You'll get the hand of your first rwd car, I know that this is my first rwd car.

Quick Reply: 4.0 + water=Mustang crash please read as it could save yours