Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

4.0 + water=Mustang crash please read as it could save yours

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2006, 10:45 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang crash

Too bad about your car but good news that you or anyone else wasn't hurt.
Old 06-30-2006, 10:59 PM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: beaustang

Too bad about your car but good news that you or anyone else wasn't hurt.
Exactly. I mean, the rest is a headache, but i have my life and my health and if i'd hit the tree two feet away i may not have either, and noone was hurt that's what counts.
Old 06-30-2006, 11:16 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

Glad to hear nothing bad happend. Yeah ford picks probably the worst tires possible. Remember the explorer? 1 thing that all new mustang owners should know, its 100 times easier to kick your car out while turning left than right. Its because of which way the driveshaft spins.
-P.
Old 07-01-2006, 12:07 AM
Black GT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jericho73

ORIGINAL: blackfoot

moral is, learn to be less throtle happy on corner... i remember my firstcorner..i was side ways too luckely no on comming traffic tho
You're right, and i'm not trying to shirk my responsability, i screwed up...this is my first RWD car and i just did the wrong thing...but the 16 tires still suck *** in the rain, and even the cop said the roads were slick with oils and stuff from all the rain, i screwed up but i'm alive and maybe i shouldn't be, and noone was hurt besides me, that's all that really matters.
I've never owned anything other than rear-wheel drive vehicles, and the tires on my Mustang are much better on wet pavement than other vehicles I've owned. They even have better traction on wet pavement than my '04 F-150 (the lighter the back end, the less traction when the roads are slick).

Once you get more accustomed to rear-wheel drive, it will help you with over-correcting too.
Old 07-01-2006, 12:21 AM
tino
I ♥ Acer

WOW.... Glad you are OK.

I am soooo paranoid in the rain that once I get into a turn my right foot stays frozen....no movement at all..... but I did have my first stang fishtail making a 90 degree turn on a wet street....locally I was doing like 15 so Icorrected promptly...

One of the things I plan on doing is going to performance driving school...just to learn how to save my beast in a wet environment.

Glad you are OK!!!!
Old 07-01-2006, 12:24 AM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

+1 good idea, it makes ur Ins cheaper too

Paul

ORIGINAL: tino

WOW.... Glad you are OK.

I am soooo paranoid in the rain that once I get into a turn my right foot stays frozen....no movement at all..... but I did have my first stang fishtail making a 90 degree turn on a wet street....locally I was doing like 15 so Icorrected promptly...

One of the things I plan on doing is going to performance driving school...just to learn how to save my beast in a wet environment.

Glad you are OK!!!!
Old 07-01-2006, 12:27 AM
jude69
1st Gear Member

Default RE: 4.0 + water=Mustang crash please read as it could save yours

Sorry to hear about your news. Be thankful that you're alive. Hey, we all make mistakes. If I would have had a Mustang back when I was 17ish, I would have been dangerous. 20 years later, I have my first Mustang and my first rear wheel drive car. I 'm very careful about how I drive my Mustang. You can never be too safe. Again, it helps when you've been driving for about 20 years too. When you described the accident, I could have pictured myself doing the same thing years ago. You admitted wrongdoing, your OK, and it's another lesson learned in life. The bottom line is that you are OK!
Old 07-01-2006, 12:43 AM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Default RE: 4.0 + water=Mustang crash please read as it could save yours

Damn dude, that sucks about your Stang, hopefully insurance will take care of it. Glad to hear youre alright and everything, just think it could have been alot worse.. and yeah the stock tires suck, I have the 17" Pirellis and they arent too good in the rain, when its dry thoguh theyre pretty good. I live in Fl so it rains alllll the time. Yesterday it was raining on my way home from work and I was driving down the road and the tires got squirly and started spinning like hell... no grip at all.. in third gear going about 60!! No idea why either, I wasnt gunning it or anything just a steady climb up to traffic speed.. Im not sure whether that was just a really slick part of the road or what.. it was relatively new asphalt. New and wider tires are a definate upcoming mod.. not just for looks either.
Old 07-01-2006, 12:54 AM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tino

WOW.... Glad you are OK.

Glad you are OK!!!!
I was just turning from a stop sign so i was at no more then 10-15 mph...when i fishtailed and was headed into the other lane, i def overcorrected and the back flew out again, and then it just spun right into the wall...i think, dont really remember it happened so fast, i just remember losing traction, sliding, trying to fix it, sliding again and then an airbag in my face. I think i did a 180 after the second slide, dunno. Scariest feeling ever.
Old 07-01-2006, 03:52 PM
nonstopred
5th Gear Member

Sorry to hear about that. But did you have ABS and Traction Control. J/w cuz maybe that could have helped, and I was wondering if my tires are that bad that even with that bad stuff can happen as well. Thanx. Hope she heals okay (you too)

Quick Reply: 4.0 + water=Mustang crash please read as it could save yours