Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Tech (and otherwise) Abbreviations ....

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 04:19 PM
KnotBand
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Tech (and otherwise) Abbreviations ....

I would also add NOS for New Old Stock....might not be used now, but in the years to come, might enlighten some people, and maybe something about the 02 sensor..you have other sensors on there, why not include this one....the mandrel bent uses something like a ball bearing, or a ball bearing inside the pipe as it is bent to keep the ID from changing.
Old 07-05-2006, 07:00 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Wouldn't NOS be more common for Nitrous Oxide Systems. Its often over used thanks to our favorite film, The Fast and the Furious. Most don't realise it is a brand of Nitrous systems.
Old 07-05-2006, 08:01 PM
Britinastang
2nd Gear Member

This thread has

written all over it
Old 07-05-2006, 08:28 PM
BlueStang6
2nd Gear Member

Rygen and KnotBand - Thanks for the encouragement, suggestions and clarifications! All of us newbies need the benefit of your experiences.

John
Old 07-05-2006, 08:38 PM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Good idea you had here man and good post. Should definatley be a sticky for newbies, and those just not up on the lingo
Old 07-05-2006, 09:12 PM
KnotBand
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

Wouldn't NOS be more common for Nitrous Oxide Systems. Its often over used thanks to our favorite film, The Fast and the Furious. Most don't realise it is a brand of Nitrous systems.
Well, considering NO2 is not as common in american muscle as it is in a box of rice, I would think the acronym for NOS would better suit us as new old stock....

if you look around for parts for the older cars, you run across it a lot...I came a cross it a lot when looking for parts for my motorcycle.

I only refer to NO2 as nitrous, or NOX.

and yes, most morons refer to NO2 as NOS because it is a brand of NO2 systems, and for some reason they can't get that through their rice head.

Like I said though, NOS isn't very applicable now, but give it 5 or 10 years, and it might be the best acronym you could find when looking for parts. When I run across it, they parts are usually very cheap because someone is just trying to get rid of them because they have been hidden away and forgotten about.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:24 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: KnotBand

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

Well, considering NO2 is not as common in american muscle as it is in a box of rice, I would think the acronym for NOS would better suit us as new old stock....

if you look around for parts for the older cars, you run across it a lot...I came a cross it a lot when looking for parts for my motorcycle.

I only refer to NO2 as nitrous, or NOX.

and yes, most morons refer to NO2 as NOS because it is a brand of NO2 systems, and for some reason they can't get that through their rice head.

Like I said though, NOS isn't very applicable now, but give it 5 or 10 years, and it might be the best acronym you could find when looking for parts. When I run across it, they parts are usually very cheap because someone is just trying to get rid of them because they have been hidden away and forgotten about.
Good point, and it looks like both definitions made the list. Those FNF movies are one of those things that should have been.... "uninvented". IMO. Import cars and nitrous sales must reach an all time high every time one of those dreded movies come out.
Old 07-05-2006, 09:49 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

imnot gonna lie, i like the drift movie, it was really well put together, they coulda had a better actor tho.. i would watch it again
Old 07-05-2006, 10:02 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blackfoot

imnot gonna lie, i like the drift movie, it was really well put together, they coulda had a better actor tho.. i would watch it again
Well, your a standup guy....and know your stuff......so you are saying I should give this movie a chance. The first two nearly made me hurl...."bra".
Old 07-05-2006, 10:07 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

dont get me wrong there are cheesy scenes, and bow wow over did his character. but if you look at the story, its awsome

Quick Reply: Tech (and otherwise) Abbreviations ....