Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Always have a spare tire

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 03:28 AM
Jeremy
4th Gear Member

Default Always have a spare tire

Well I went down to Colorado for some family buisiness a week ago and it was a trip. The day before I left I took out my spare, didn't think anything of it. Started driving and 10 hours later and in the middle of nowhere I hit a damn rock, didn't think anything of it(see the trend?) and a few more miles down the road I completely blow out, made it to the side of the road just fine. I had to signal down a passing truck to take me into the next town, thank God it was only about 3 miles. Called the tow truck and got it to a tire shop with no problem. I have some relatives in the same town so I had a place to stay. My crappy luck held out because the town was so small that I had to order the tire from Reno(probably the same store I bought them). Had to wait three days to get them in. Got the tire on Friday, I was excited as hell! Then they tell me they can't get the lugnuts off because they don't have the right tool. Of course I left the tool at my house, so I was like "of course" it being my luck. I found a deep socket ratchet that fit onto the nuts and I got four of them off before getting the last one stuck in it. I only had one more to take off!!! So it was about closing time for them and I waited until the next day. So today I bought another socket and got the last one off with ease(I was cursing at it), then it took the tire guys at least three hours to get the tire on the rim. I don't who the hell hired these people, but they were not the smartest people in the town. So I finally took off about noon and finally made it home a few hours ago. So the moral of the story is CARRY YOUR SPARE AND TOOLS ON LONG ROAD TRIPS!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-02-2006, 04:48 AM
powerProdigy
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Always have a spare tire

yeah but how am i supposed to fit all my useless crap in the trunk?
Old 07-02-2006, 04:56 AM
Shadowhax
2nd Gear Member

ehh i keep a full size spare in my car LOL, i dont like those gimpy donut tires.
Old 07-02-2006, 05:16 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

I keep thinking of leaving the spare out when going to the track... I just can't do it... just in case.

Geeze... a couple of difficult journeys just recently on the board.

Glad ya got your ride safely to the side of the road before things got really bad!
Old 07-02-2006, 06:49 AM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

I've had thoughts about taking my spare tire out. It's like, 30lbs or so... that's maybe a couple hundreths of a second on the track! Of course, I ran over a nail once and pinched a curb another time... so I owe a lot to my little donut.