Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

ponypackage grille on gt bumper

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 05:19 AM
powerProdigy
2nd Gear Member

Default ponypackage grille on gt bumper

I really like the look of the gt bumper cover but I dont want to lose the better looking pony package grille. Does my stock grille bolt up to the gt's bumper no problem, or am i stuck with those two huge spotlights on the gt grille?
Old 07-02-2006, 06:52 AM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Default RE: ponypackage grille on gt bumper

V6 grilles wont fit the GT bumper. Too small and the tabs wont line up. [&:]

You could get a GT bumper and grille, then use the fog light bezels and grille insert to emulate a pony package grille... that's about it though.
Old 07-02-2006, 07:01 PM
Billman669

This website http://www.webelectricproducts.com/products.htm has an insert that looks similiar to the pony package grille, made for the GT grille. It's an idea if you still want to give it that "look".
Old 07-02-2006, 11:04 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

i really like that.. but i think the cervinis grill on the gt grill looks awesome along with a chin spoiler

ORIGINAL: Billman669

This website http://www.webelectricproducts.com/products.htm has an insert that looks similiar to the pony package grille, made for the GT grille. It's an idea if you still want to give it that "look".
Old 07-02-2006, 11:42 PM
Horrific_Ending
4th Gear Member

Hmm i have been wondering this for the past couple days. i actually made a photoshop pic of my car with the ponypackage grille with the gt bumper. I ask you guys this tho. Do you think its possible to take it someone and have them Fabricate the grille? like have them take off the trim part the pony and the lights and take a plain gt grill cut out the lights and fit the trim?
Old 07-02-2006, 11:48 PM
powerProdigy
2nd Gear Member

that trim insert on the gt's spotlight grille make it look like it would look better with a great big stear skull tied to it
Old 07-02-2006, 11:52 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

yah its possible, i took the v6 grill and cut in my own fogs. used my rotozip, i think u should try this urself, it would be a great feeling when u complete it... Or u could just buy the chin spoiler for the v6 bumper

Paul

ORIGINAL: Horrific_Ending

Hmm i have been wondering this for the past couple days. i actually made a photoshop pic of my car with the ponypackage grille with the gt bumper. I ask you guys this tho. Do you think its possible to take it someone and have them Fabricate the grille? like have them take off the trim part the pony and the lights and take a plain gt grill cut out the lights and fit the trim?
Old 07-02-2006, 11:57 PM
Horrific_Ending
4th Gear Member

Dont get me wrong but i really like how the fang chin spoiler looks on the gt bumper. it gives it a really mean look. i like that alot. The v6 bumper just isnt mean enough for me. But ok this is the pic i photoshop'd. I think it looks really good. But i think its possible to do it.

Old 07-03-2006, 12:05 AM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Iam pretty sure you can fab up your own thing and make the V6 Pony Package grill work on the Gt bumper, Just order the front GT bumper (speak to Paulboy he can give you a great price on one) Then when you get it try to make it work if you cant then go to a body shop and see what they can do if they can do nothing then your screwed and would have to buy the Gt fogs or somethin. Good Luck.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:24 PM
MUSTloveSTANG
1st Gear Member

Billman669 thanks for that link! I just saw that grill on another member's car and was wondering about it! I hadn't seen it before. I have a V6 and was thinking about putting on a GT bumber esp now that I found out in TX u don't need a front plate, so I really want to get rid of that eyesore! I love the pony grill, but I personally perfer the larger fog lights. As an alterintive, what about going to other route and putting larger foglights into a pony grill on a V6 bumber? anyone have any thoughts or recomendations???

Quick Reply: ponypackage grille on gt bumper