Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Need mod advice..

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2006, 12:15 AM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Need mod advice..

If your getting the X-charger you shouldnt use your C&L intake that way you can sell it brand new.
Old 07-03-2006, 12:45 AM
onefastv6
3rd Gear Member

its also called posi.
if i were you i would do headers, gears, and tlock first. but if your gonna really get serious i would just buy a prius engine! lol
Old 07-03-2006, 01:27 AM
LX200
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bluhawkshockey31

Ok i spent about 700 bucks on my C&L cai and a xcal 2 tuner....and i have dual GT takeoffs....however im savin up for a x-charger whenever it comes out...well actually i have the money, but to the question do you guys think i should spend the 3,000 for the x-charger when i already have the cai and tuner....or should i spend the saved up money on 4.10 and pulleys and other things? just wanting a few ideas of pro's and cons...
The question really can't be answered unless you are more specific about what you are trying to accomplish. Do you want a daily driver that just gives you a good bit of head snap, or are you looking for a track car that will do 13's.... It's a lot of money to spend, and that's probably a low estimate when you figure in everything you will need. If you add the rear end, and 4.1's, you will get real good head snap, but, you won't have a car that will do 13's. If you get a turbo or charger, you will do much better at the track, but it will cost a ton.

Really, the best question to start from is, "what don't you like about your car's performance now?". Are you really unhappy with it, or does it just drive you nuts that there are faster GT's out there??
Old 07-03-2006, 02:03 AM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: onefastv6

its also called posi.
but if your gonna really get serious i would just buy a prius engine! lol
ROFL!!

Have to agree with LX200...for me I never intend on going to the track so I am going with the basic perform mods. No need for an X charger. Don't get me wrong, if I could afford one I would buy one in a minute...but I prefer saving up for the other fun stuff i.e. Tuner, cai, headers etc...
Old 07-03-2006, 02:08 AM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: LX200

Ok i spent about 700 bucks on my C&L cai and a xcal 2 tuner....and i have dual GT takeoffs....however im savin up for a x-charger whenever it comes out...well actually i have the money, but to the question do you guys think i should spend the 3,000 for the x-charger when i already have the cai and tuner....or should i spend the saved up money on 4.10 and pulleys and other things? just wanting a few ideas of pro's and cons...
The question really can't be answered unless you are more specific about what you are trying to accomplish. Do you want a daily driver that just gives you a good bit of head snap, or are you looking for a track car that will do 13's.... It's a lot of money to spend, and that's probably a low estimate when you figure in everything you will need. If you add the rear end, and 4.1's, you will get real good head snap, but, you won't have a car that will do 13's. If you get a turbo or charger, you will do much better at the track, but it will cost a ton.

Really, the best question to start from is, "what don't you like about your car's performance now?". Are you really unhappy with it, or does it just drive you nuts that there are faster GT's out there??
The X-Charger should put him in the 13s.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:15 AM
bluhawkshockey31
2nd Gear Member

well i never plan on taking the car to the track, however the thing i dont like right now is that when i jump on the gas theres not that extra umph to get the car going, all i want realisticly is enough power to get the tires to spin a little and throw some peoples heads back when you get on it. So if the cai, tuner, headers, things like that will do that...then i guess thats all i need...opinions?
Old 07-03-2006, 02:18 AM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

well i never plan on taking the car to the track, however the thing i dont like right now is that when i jump on the gas theres not that extra umph to get the car going, all i want realisticly is enough power to get the tires to spin a little and throw some peoples heads back when you get on it. So if the cai, tuner, headers, things like that will do that...then i guess thats all i need...opinions?

I believe Rygen told me once that with the tuner and CAI you will be able to do these things
Old 07-03-2006, 02:22 AM
LX200
4th Gear Member

I think if you want to consistently spin the rears, you will need a different rear end (locked). BTW, are you running 93 octane tune? If not, you must switch to this if you want max power. I ran 87 at first (with my C&L), and when I switched to 93, I saw a big difference.
Old 07-03-2006, 02:23 AM
bluhawkshockey31
2nd Gear Member

thanks teach....well i guess for now i'll work on small bolt-on's then later on down the road if the oppertunity arrises...there may be a blower...
Old 07-03-2006, 02:26 AM
bluhawkshockey31
2nd Gear Member

LX200 Date 7/3/2006 12:22:53 AM
I think if you want to consistently spin the rears, you will need a different rear end (locked). BTW, are you running 93 octane tune? If not, you must switch to this if you want max power. I ran 87 at first (with my C&L), and when I switched to 93, I saw a big difference.
My c&l and tune is in the mail, but i do have the 93 perf. and 93 tourque. Im gonna see how big of a diff this tuner will make. I may be completely happy with it. but i'll deff try it on the 93 tune. Also for a manual ive heard that 3.73's are what you want...and auto's are 4.10?