MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   V6 S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion-48/)
-   -   4.0 Acceleration (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion/147189-4-0-acceleration.html)

toosober 07-03-2006 03:00 PM

4.0 Acceleration

Ok here is the deal. I was running up to Best Buy to pick up Transporter 2 because it is on sale today for $6.99. On the way up there I got to really test the performance out of my C&L and XCAL2.
I was doing 35 mph on this straight away, no traffic to speak of except for a civic and a late 90's eclipse closing in on me fast. I estimated their rate of speed at about 60 or so and climbing. I let them pass me and tromped on it, I was pretty quick to catch up to them. We get to the light, and the eclipse is in front of me in the left lane and the civic is in the right lane. Both are turbocharged, they are revving up there engines so I knew it was on, and I was wondering if I was getting ready to write a check my @ss can't cash. I was sure I was going to spank the civic, not too sure about the eclipse. The light turns green, they launch and I am riding the civic's @ss like Sea Biscuit, the eclipse pulls ahead I change to the left lane and pass the civic then back to the right lane and pass the eclipse. Double Kill.
I am going to have to start adding kill marks on my car now like our pilots did in WWII on their Mustangs and Corsairs.

Goliath 07-03-2006 03:34 PM

RE: 4.0 Acceleration

nice, do you know if it was a GS-T eclipse? (older body style, the kind used in the original F&F turbo AWD). Easy way to tell is the BIG stupid handle spoiler on 2 generations ago's body (know your enemy). That's pretty impressive.

Civic being turbocharged, that's a rarity.

Either way, that's a good little run to the store.

There's an Evo on streetfire that has a bunch of decals with the auto manufacturer's logo with a big red X through it that he puts on his front left/right fenders for each person he kills. I thought about this, but it's kind of cocky for a lil ol 6 to do. Would be kind of sick to put H's and the three diamonds on your rocker panel, going from the front wheel back.

Heh, I'm one of the few people that won't yell at you for street racing on these boards:D

toosober 07-03-2006 03:45 PM

It was 2 gens back eclipse awd turbo, I had the same car but it was the Talon TSi. I knew how fast my Talon was, so I was kinda worried. The neighbor kid down the street has a turbo on his civic, I drove it and was not too impressed.

BigNasty06 07-03-2006 03:47 PM

Very refreshing since I just instelled my C&L and X2 tune from Evolution.

Thank you for the instructions TS.

Question though, I did not disconnect the fan and fuel pump fuses as Evo said to in their instructions. anyone see w big problem with this? Should I pull them and re-flash?

lmmmmm 07-03-2006 04:07 PM

no. since it's already installed you are fine. it is a precautionary task not required as you installed without doing it.

ORIGINAL: BigNasty06

Question though, I did not disconnect the fan and fuel pump fuses as Evo said to in their instructions. anyone see w big problem with this? Should I pull them and re-flash?

Goliath 07-03-2006 04:18 PM

I never did that when I installed the AEM or the the C&L from Evo, and both turned out fine. I guess the only thing that can make those Econoboxes fast is the motorswap for the Type R motor (better low end, still bad, but better).

TSi's were fun, had a buddy that had one and he let me drive it often. I had a blast in that car.

amystery2u 07-03-2006 04:20 PM

One shoot...two kills...

You should call your car "The Sniper"

Good job!!

toosober 07-03-2006 05:53 PM

ORIGINAL: BigNasty06

Very refreshing since I just instelled my C&L and X2 tune from Evolution.

Thank you for the instructions TS.

You don't have to sweat the fuses, I was told not to sweat them either.

toosober 07-03-2006 05:54 PM

Yeah the AWD is a riot. I was glad to get rid of it though, insurance was killing me.

toosober 07-03-2006 05:55 PM

ORIGINAL: amystery2u

One shoot...two kills...

You should call your car "The Sniper"

Good job!!
I was quite impressed.