Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Is it worth the time?

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 09:35 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Is it worth the time?

State employee? Good benefits I bet. Don't you kinda wish we could go back to the old days when win 3.1 was the wave of the future. LMAO. Antequated sh*t is fun...I wanna go build something out of the box of scrap parts I have in my basement.
ORIGINAL: toosober

ORIGINAL: blazen351

Hijacks rock.

Heheheee, I'm so glad I don't work for a big company and have to deal with all that. Hell I so rarely even work on a computer or server or anything related anymore it's hard to even still consider myself a tech still. LOL

I've never played around with oracle. Is it nice?
I work for a pension fund, I am a state employee. Oracle is definately different. Java driven, the Scripted Query Language reminds me a little bit of the MySql server that I run here @ the house. I hate java with a passion, it has way too much overhead.
Old 07-08-2006, 09:38 AM
toosober
I ♥ Acer

State employee? Good benefits I bet. Don't you kinda wish we could go back to the old days when win 3.1 was the wave of the future. LMAO. Antequated sh*t is fun...I wanna go build something out of the box of scrap parts I have in my basement.

Hijacks rock.

Heheheee, I'm so glad I don't work for a big company and have to deal with all that. Hell I so rarely even work on a computer or server or anything related anymore it's hard to even still consider myself a tech still. LOL

I've never played around with oracle. Is it nice?
I work for a pension fund, I am a state employee. Oracle is definately different. Java driven, the Scripted Query Language reminds me a little bit of the MySql server that I run here @ the house. I hate java with a passion, it has way too much overhead.
It's funny you mention that, I have enough parts to build 5 computers running Novell 3.51 or even NT 3.5 LOL Use vmware man, you can have as many old school operating systems you want on one computer.
Old 07-08-2006, 09:51 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

LOL, I 've not been through my parts box for awhile, but I can probably get at least 2 built. I'll check it out...vmware that is.

Hell tech stuff is getting to the point where it's just a hobby anymore,and a hobby that I've not been able to devote much time to for awhile. I've been too busy doing / dealing with other functions of my job that half the sh*t your dealing with right now would probably scare the crap out of me LOL...and I don't know why, but I can't type for squat after listening to that song
Old 07-08-2006, 10:18 AM
djl0657
2nd Gear Member

What language are you boys speaking anyway? I understood about a third of that.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:20 AM
toosober
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: djl0657

What language are you boys speaking anyway? I understood about a third of that.
Computer Geekenese
Old 07-08-2006, 10:21 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

It's an old language from the east. geekinese, it's used to be limited to dungeon and dragons circles, but has become a little more main stream in past years lol
Old 07-08-2006, 11:47 AM
SPOOK R/T
2nd Gear Member

I installed a redline one in my wifes Pony last week. About a hour takening my time. I like it much better than the prop rod.
Old 07-08-2006, 01:46 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

If you are working under the hood a lot it's worth it, if you aren't then your just doing your mechanic a favor.
ORIGINAL: 402firefighter

I am considering getting some of the hood struts to replace my prop rod. Are they worth the trouble and are they a direct bolt-on. I am not crazy about drilling holes in my 2006. Who makes some good hood struts? Thanks!!
Old 07-08-2006, 02:45 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

Man i feel for you, today i moved 84 boxes of 15inch floor tile, scraped and sanded 900sqft floor, floated it and then unloaded a truck full of bags of thin set... wow hows are jobs are alike

Paul

OBLIGATORY FORUM HIJACK
Yeah, work is nuts! In the middle of 2 very big migrations, 120 servers migrating onto VMWare ESX, and we are compeletly removing our AS400 and other Mainframe stuff and porting it over to Linux and Oracle.
Old 07-08-2006, 03:53 PM
Playboy06
2nd Gear Member

I also installed the Redinline hood struts; Total it was 9 holes and $30.00 for a center hole punch and a rivit gun (both of which I should've owned, but didn't, oh well) - They work and look absolutly great, I got the ELITE package from www.RedlineTuning.com, they got to California fairly quick also, great service.

Drilling 9 holes into my Mustang scared the hell out of me...but the instructions are VERY pinpointed and the only way you can really screw up is by lack of reading and comprehending.

Quick Reply: Is it worth the time?