Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Exhaust installation questions

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 05:26 AM
micx7
1st Gear Member

Default Exhaust installation questions

1. Have any of you had the Borla exhaust installed at a ford dealer? If so, cost of the installation?
2. I'm an amateur at installations of things like exhaust on cars and this will be my first time, am I likely to run into trouble in my attempt to install a single exhaust. (IE: Need for welding/things like that.)
3. Also if you live in the southern ny area (Westchester county), do you know any reputable shops to do the installation, or will my local ford dealer be capable of doing the installation of any of the exhausts? Thanks in advance.
Old 07-08-2006, 06:08 AM
Skoshi42
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Exhaust installation questions

well I havent, but I hang around my dealership long enough to know what they charge for aftermarket accessories, im estimating about $80 of labor cost and 3 hours of wait time for a single exhaust. There is usually no welding or cutting required, most exhaust systems nowdays are simple bolt on that you could actually do at home with some jack stands and a few friends... which is usually free if you already own jack stands and have friends... to be honest, do it yourself, if you run into any problems down the road and you bring back your car to the same dealership, they may void your warranty and they have excuse and documents showing you modified your vehicle... I already have had similar problems where they denied repair... also when you do it yourself, its easier to remove it yourself too...
Old 07-08-2006, 08:37 AM
toosober
I ♥ Acer

The Borla is an axle back exhaust is it not? I put my MRT axle back exhaust myself, it was a very simple install and should take you less than an hour.
Old 07-08-2006, 08:56 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Simple mod. Attempt it your self, you'll enjoy it and feel better about it. Plus it's kinda like getting to second base with you car. hehe
Old 07-08-2006, 09:03 AM
toosober
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: blazen351

Simple mod. Attempt it your self, you'll enjoy it and feel better about it. Plus it's kinda like getting to second base with you car. hehe
If I make it all the way to home plate with my car would I be a horse f*cker?
Old 07-08-2006, 09:25 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Well that's why the MRT has such a big exhaust tip...horses like it big.
Old 07-08-2006, 09:35 AM
toosober
I ♥ Acer

That reminds me of a very bad joke... No offense to my fellow Poles..
Hear about the Polish car bomber?
He was told to blow up a car and burnt his lips on the exhaust pipe.
OK I know that was offensive and bad, but I could not resist.
Old 07-08-2006, 09:42 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

huh? I don't get it.....OOOOOh cuz polish people are dumb. Right? LOL j/k funny joke
Old 07-08-2006, 04:15 PM
micx7
1st Gear Member

haha ok guys, thanks for the advice. I will attempt it myself first , figure worst case scenario I could always bring it in afterwords if i cant get it on right. Also, I'm going to go with a single first, after that in order to go duals if I decide is it a big deal? Can I just buy another muffler for the same side and let them fabricate the pipes?
Old 07-08-2006, 04:35 PM
micx7
1st Gear Member

also, do I need to buy any other parts with the exhaust, like hangers? Or will the stock ones work? What sort of tools will I need?

Quick Reply: Exhaust installation questions