Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Pony fogs to GT fogs help

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2006, 04:42 PM
lureynol
1st Gear Member

Default Pony fogs to GT fogs help

Hey guys, I'm about to upgrade my pony package grill to the full GT grill, and I'm wondering if it's a simple swap with the fogs? Does anything need to be changed? Afixer mentioned something about a different fuse? where is said fuse? and is there anything else?

Thanks!
Old 07-09-2006, 04:44 PM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Pony fogs to GT fogs help

The wiring harness and switch are deffinetly different, it's not just a plug and play swap.
Old 07-09-2006, 06:27 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

its 2 wires, black and red for the light and on the harness, it should be a very simple swap, autozone carry plugs u can crimp on the lights to match the harness sockets.

Paul
Old 07-09-2006, 07:09 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

what did i say?. first off if you are using the stock gt grill it wont fit without forcing or cutting the grill and bumper. WHY,WHY,WHY. secont the connectors for the pony bulbs are diff from the gt bulb. if auto zone has them cool just cut off the pony ones and crimp on the new ones. i myself would get the male pony and female gt and make an adapter incase you ever wanted to go back but thats just me. sorry for being in a pissy mood my dad is a dick and im just venting. see forty five year olds have probs with the parents too. its not just the kids!
Old 07-09-2006, 07:11 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

Its ok afixer, we all have bad days. hes got the GT front bumper and gt grill, he USED to have the v6 front bumper with PP grill.

Its all good Though.

Paul
Old 07-09-2006, 07:29 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

thanks paul. the sig looks cool BTW. i am just so sick of the old man , he only calls or comes by when he needs somthing. (he is intown and has a prob with his rental and wanted me to look at it) funny thing hes friging rich but tight as a ducks ***. mentioned he forgot to get his grandson somthing for his graduation and his coment was oh well you shouldnt live so far away. he lives in la quinta about 2 hours i reminded him that my wifes father that lives in arizona 5 hours away never forgets the kids b days or grad's i could give a rats *** but the kids remember. and he makes them feal like crap if they dont remember his stuff. im just so done with him! he is a waste of my time. sorry to vent working on the house day and night has me on edge i guess.
Old 07-09-2006, 07:33 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

Well a father son relation ship is always gonna be up and down, sounds like you 2 need a comon interest, both of you would be much happier as friends and perhaps he would be more inclinded to remember these things.... but who am i to get involved. Just a thought.

I hate arguing with my father, hes goes on and on untill i just have to say STFU and i hate doing it. but we are sooo alike its unreal, thats our problem.

Hope the house is coming along great, im now a fully qualified tiler... need tiles ?

Oh and the sig was made by Autobadges (the member) and im very pleased with it, looks pretty sharp eh?

Paul
Old 07-09-2006, 08:48 PM
lureynol
1st Gear Member

This is Paul, he's my cars agent

ORIGINAL: paulboy16

Its ok afixer, we all have bad days. hes got the GT front bumper and gt grill, he USED to have the v6 front bumper with PP grill.

Its all good Though.

Paul
And I hear you afixer, I used to have a really ****ty relationship with my dad, but it's gotten a hell of a lot better, keep the faith, hopefully he'll come round.

Oh, and thats for the tips, do you also need to upgrade the fuse?
Old 07-09-2006, 08:56 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

Factory fog lights SHOULD use the same volts/amps, so a fuse will be uneccercesy, should work just fine.

what u can do i cut and stip the wires on the GT lights, turn the switch on and put the wires on the harnes end and see if it works, it should be totaly fine.

Paul
Old 07-09-2006, 09:01 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

Luke ur awesome thankyou man.

Paul

Quick Reply: Pony fogs to GT fogs help