Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Which exhaust to choose out of this list? Looking for sound and HP gains.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 12:26 PM
Explaced
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Which exhaust to choose out of this list? Looking for sound and HP gains.

Yeah, I've heard a lot of good things about the MRT. If I don't like the MAC I'll sell it and get the MRT.

I loved MAC on my 03 GT, so I figured I'd go with what I know. I did a lot of swaps on the GT, and I wanted to get it right the first time if I could with the 06. I like MAC, so hopefully it'll sound like my expectations. The clips I've heard of the MAC sound great. So far so good.

Now I'm just trying to decide next month's mod.

Nice looking stang hataap.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:03 PM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Which exhaust to choose out of this list? Looking for sound and HP gains.

I'd actually like to hear the way that MAC duals sound on a V6.
Old 07-12-2006, 02:41 PM
jim01028
2nd Gear Member

Speaking of exhaust sound, my stock muffler is way too quiet. Like I can hardly hear it even under hard acceleration. My daughter has a stock 03 that sounds better!!!! Guess I need to get an mrt!!!
Old 07-12-2006, 02:50 PM
hataap
3rd Gear Member

thanks explaced....yours is awesome as well. tungsten all the way

ORIGINAL: Explaced

Yeah, I've heard a lot of good things about the MRT. If I don't like the MAC I'll sell it and get the MRT.

I loved MAC on my 03 GT, so I figured I'd go with what I know. I did a lot of swaps on the GT, and I wanted to get it right the first time if I could with the 06. I like MAC, so hopefully it'll sound like my expectations. The clips I've heard of the MAC sound great. So far so good.

Now I'm just trying to decide next month's mod.

Nice looking stang hataap.
Old 07-12-2006, 07:29 PM
onefastv6
3rd Gear Member

it sound like mrt is the choice for you!
Old 07-13-2006, 03:55 PM
Explaced
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Furinox

I'd actually like to hear the way that MAC duals sound on a V6.
MAC duals on a V8 are awesome. Like I've said, I did them first, then went to Magnaflow, Flowmaster, Ford Racing, and back to MAC. It just sounded the best.

I'm hoping for that same MAC roar on the V6. I know it won't sound like a V8, but it's the tone and sound of MAC I like.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:14 AM
Explaced
1st Gear Member

Put the MAC on today. Wasn't too bad! First exhaust I've installed myself. I'm glad I tackled it and put it on there. Figured out about 20 minutes late that it is a whole lot easier if I unbolt the hangar nearest the tip and just bolt it back up already on the MAC, but I learned something!

Sounds GREAT. I'm really glad I got it. I love the sound of a MAC. Not the same as my GT I had of course, but for this car it makes it sound really nice! I am loving this V6 so far!

I'll try to see if I can get a sound or video clip sometime this weekend of the exhaust and post it up. I'll put it on this thread more than likely.