Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

FFW Norwalk Debrief (info on stock 4.0L autos and video)

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2006, 11:27 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default FFW Norwalk Debrief (info on stock 4.0L autos and video)

Well, FFW Norwalk has come and gone. There were some interesting cars for the 4.0L crowd.

There was red Vortech mustang that was a customer car, parked with the PHP car that was running consistent mid 13’s, 13.5 I think. I don’t know anything about the boost it was running.

The PHP car was running 11.44 I believe, something around there. Absolutely amazing, though keep in mind this was a 100% track car, but doable, though no AC, seats, etc. When I looked under the hood, it appeared the Zex was still installed and heard they were spraying on top of the SC. Wow!!!!! Gutsy!

There were a few stock V6’s there, auto’s running consistent 16’s. The two I ran against/slaughtered ran 16.1 and 16.2. But keep in mind this was most likely from an idle launch.

And of course Scrming had some awesome runs, was a finalist in the Ultra Stang class (won some money LOL) and ran low 13.4’s (which is awesome considering the weight/pulley he is running). I didn’t manage to best my 13.08 run in Richmond, my best was a 13.1.

Oh…here is the video I promised.......

So, here you go...enjoy!!!!!

http://www.rygen.net/stang/RygenFFW.wmv
Old 07-10-2006, 11:39 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: FFW Norwalk Debrief (info on stock 4.0L autos and video)

Great video!!!! WOOHOO!!!

Couple notes...

I went out in semi-finals.... I lost to the JDM S/C Saleen car... In Orlando he beat me by like 20 car lengths due to my terrible R/T! This time my front bumper was even with his steering wheel when we went through the traps! My R/T in Orlando was something like .6! This time it was .18! (The JDM car had an R/T of .09!)

The Red customer car is the one that was written up in 5.0 mag. I talked to the guy at length back in March... Really nice older guy... Basically the same setup as The Mistress... Vortech, 4.10s but I believe the red car also had JBA headers and dual exhaust... and of course a skinny driver! LOL!!! I believe they were still just using street tires! Really wish Paul would run their cars in Ultra Stang instead of Four Six frenzy! LOL!

Once again... loved the vid!!!
Old 07-10-2006, 11:42 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Thanks for filling in the details John. I thought you might know more about that car. Well done on walking the JDM car!!!!
Old 07-10-2006, 11:45 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

Thanks for filling in the details John. I thought you might know more about that car. Well done on walking the JDM car!!!!

yeah... even though I lost to the JDM car again at least this time I made him work for it!!! No comments from the announcer about me sleeping at the wheel! LOL!
Old 07-10-2006, 11:58 PM
Buckman
3rd Gear Member

I was there with my wife on Saturday.
Got to see both you guys run. Saw Scrmin's car parked at MRT, so checked it out in detail, beautiful.
Saw both you guys lined up for the first runs on Sat. so popped in Scrmin's window and said "Go Scrmin!"
Rygen's car is amazing, saw the 13.18 run and the launch and run looked great. A shame I couldn't find the car parked later to check it out!
All in all was a great day, ton of Mustangs were there. Got a good look at the glassback on a V6 as well.
Old 07-10-2006, 11:59 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

Nice guys i bet u had a blast, 1 questiong, did an Xcharger make an appearence?!

Paul
Old 07-10-2006, 11:59 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Wow, so you are the guy who yelled "Scrming!!!!"!!! Cool!!! We were wondering who that was. Knew it had to be someone from the forums!
Old 07-11-2006, 12:02 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: paulboy16

Nice guys i bet u had a blast, 1 questiong, did an Xcharger make an appearence?!

Paul
No, no Xcharger. There wer two V6's in the car show. One was a blue one from Canada, pony package, real nice car. Another one was a 05 Yellow stang, RKsport hood I think, body kit and large wing. I looked for both owners with no success.

Old 07-11-2006, 12:02 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Buckman

I was there with my wife on Saturday.
Got to see both you guys run. Saw Scrmin's car parked at MRT, so checked it out in detail, beautiful.
Saw both you guys lined up for the first runs on Sat. so popped in Scrmin's window and said "Go Scrmin!"
Rygen's car is amazing, saw the 13.18 run and the launch and run looked great. A shame I couldn't find the car parked later to check it out!
All in all was a great day, ton of Mustangs were there. Got a good look at the glassback on a V6 as well.
So you're the mystery fan!!!! LOL! I said to Rygen, "some guy stuck his head in my window and yelled 'Go Scrming!' and then kept walking!" LOL!

That Glassback is to die for!!! Scott's got it in the Interceptor... and since The Mistress is really becoming The Interceptor Junior I see her getting a glassback some day... (way down the road! LOL!)
Old 07-11-2006, 12:04 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Yea!!! That glassback stang was parked in a few spots down from me at the hotel. I got some pics of it while I was there. LOL. Beautiful stang. It was blown too.

Quick Reply: FFW Norwalk Debrief (info on stock 4.0L autos and video)