Crash Damage: Need advice - Page 2 - MustangForums.com

Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Crash Damage: Need advice

Old 07-11-2006, 08:16 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Crash Damage: Need advice

get the check for the HIGH estimate, then have the work u cant do by a shop at the lowest quote, then do the rest urself.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:36 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jericho73

ORIGINAL: SPARTAN VI

Were you the one that hydroplaned into a wall?
That would be me Mines costing about 9k to fix because part of the thing that holds the bumper was creased and to repair it the engine has to be pulled out...IOW, half the $$$ is labor. Gave me a 2-3 week timeframe from yesterday, so like the end of the month.

With a 1k deductible and the repair bill 3700, so a 2700 difference, you may want to consider borrowing the $$$ and paying the repair bill yourself, so your premium doesn't go up. I know if the worst happens and my premium goes through the roof <i know it'll go up 50 or so a mo, a least> I may have to face the financial reality of losing the Mustang[:@]
My heart goes out to you and your wounded stang.

I do have good news though. I just went to the body shop, and the guy explained to me how I could still end up on top.

My deductable is $1000, right? And I just bought 17" GT take offs for $400, rims and pirelli's. He can write this off as part of the deductable, along with any other parts I purchase on my own. Of course, I can't go buy a sound system as it's not relevant. So, I'm looking at GT take offs and maybe four Nitto 555s (255/45/17) to make my deductable, and the insurance company pays the rest.

However, if they raise my premium.. I don't know. I used to pay $3200 a year for insurance, and by switching to Mercury I pay $1900. If it reaches $3200 a year again, I don't know.. [:@]
Old 07-11-2006, 08:38 PM
SOLDSHORT
5th Gear Member

my insurance just went up a little due to the amount of claims in my age group with this car. According to State farm.
Old 07-11-2006, 09:00 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SOLDSHORT

my insurance just went up a little due to the amount of claims in my age group with this car. According to State farm.
I'm probably not helping you. [&:]

Then again, if people could make legal left turns then I'd be one happy camper.
Old 07-11-2006, 10:02 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blazen351

Spartan...I wouldn't mess with trying to get the woman's insurance. Even if they decide it was her fault they may be able to hit you with reckless driving, which could switch the blame back to you.
Not only that, but the view insurance companies take is if you take evasive action to avoid another car and in the process you damage your car, it is all your fault. It is most definitely not fair, but that is the approach they take. I think the reason for this is because it is nearly impossible to prove what -might- have happened had you not taken evasive action. There may have been a wreck had you just slammed on the brakes in a straight line, and there may not have been. No one can say for sure, so it's easier just to lay the blame on the person that has the banged up car!