Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

CAI and Xcal2 installed

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 04:10 PM
SPOOK R/T
2nd Gear Member

Default CAI and Xcal2 installed

Just got my CAI intake from Tunableinduction and Xcal2. A hour ago from UPS. Its all installed, only about 45 mins for both. It does make the car feel alot better. I only went with the 87 tune to start out with. Did a couple of pedel to the floor take offs. The first time the car TC kicked in ( the 1st time it every did that). The 2nd time i turned it off. And had a nice little car length or so burn out. Turnableinduction did a very nice job. On painting the intake and heat shield. To match the Screaming Yellow paint job on the old ladies car. Man is she going to be impressed with the car now. More happy landings for the old man tonight!!!!!!
Old 07-11-2006, 04:17 PM
onefastv6
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: CAI and Xcal2 installed

glad to hear you like it. try a tank of 93 or 91 next time (if you have a tune for that octane) youll be impressed with the higher octane will do for it.
Old 07-11-2006, 04:48 PM
elektra
2nd Gear Member

Yeah I cant wait to get mine. I bet the difference from the 87 to 93 will be pretty good. I can tell without the tune so I cant wait to get mine.
Old 07-11-2006, 05:09 PM
onefastv6
3rd Gear Member

you wont believe the difference of 93 because i use 91 and it is crazy better than 87 so i cant even imagine what 93 would be like.
and damn california with their emission bull****[sm=boosign.gif]
Old 07-11-2006, 06:07 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Actually on the dyno the differences from 87 to 91 to 93 are negligible. But, as they say, every HP counts when you are a six banger. Glad you are happy with it. A CAI/Tune is the best mod for these cars, really wakes em up.
Old 07-11-2006, 08:08 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

Actually on the dyno the differences from 87 to 91 to 93 are negligible. But, as they say, every HP counts when you are a six banger. Glad you are happy with it. A CAI/Tune is the best mod for these cars, really wakes em up.
That's really interesting... 93 fuel definately contains more energy, and if you advance the timing, you should see some real benefit from 93 octane. That's why so many higher priced foreign cars require high octane fuel to support higher power numbers. Is this widely known to be true, or is this what you have seen on a couple cars.... did they have CAI on them? I might believe that a non-CAI car would not benefit because you can't get enough air in the cylinder during intake stroke to combust all the fuel....
Old 07-11-2006, 08:30 PM
Britinastang
2nd Gear Member

Sweet, my package from demolet arrived today too...gonna install this wkd
Old 07-11-2006, 09:29 PM
JP DeMolet
1st Gear Member

Thanks very much for the business you guys!

It's around 2.5 - 3.0 hp difference with each ascending tune. You won't feel much of a difference between say the 87 & 91 but will feel the difference between the 87 & 93. Note too that your mileage will be a little better with the 93 due to more advance and gas quality which will offset the cost difference a little.

Old 07-11-2006, 09:31 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: LX200

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

That's really interesting... 93 fuel definately contains more energy, and if you advance the timing, you should see some real benefit from 93 octane. That's why so many higher priced foreign cars require high octane fuel to support higher power numbers. Is this widely known to be true, or is this what you have seen on a couple cars.... did they have CAI on them? I might believe that a non-CAI car would not benefit because you can't get enough air in the cylinder during intake stroke to combust all the fuel....
I was speaking from NA. Way back when I was only bolt ons, I went from 87 to 93 on the dyno with minimal gains, 3HP. Granted this was on different days, and this was in the winter so heat was not an issue. But when I posted it, Scrming and a few others said they found the same thing. I spoke to a few other tuners that confirmed this. I don't want to start a debate, just give your tuner a call and ask them.