MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   V6 S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion-48/)
-   -   Crash Damage: Need advice (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion/150595-crash-damage-need-advice.html)

SPARTAN VI 07-11-2006 05:07 PM

Crash Damage: Need advice

Well just got my quote from the body shop. $3700, all from driving up onto the sidewalk. I must have damaged more than my subframe, but I'm sure half of that quote is just the dealer trying to screw a college kid out of his tuition.

And my deductable is $1000... [:@] Next best thing I can think of is to hang out in the area where that lady lives and wait for her to come home and nab her insurance.

Should I even bother with my insurance?

ETA on repairs is 2 weeks.

armycook1981 07-11-2006 05:17 PM

RE: Crash Damage: Need advice

my accedint last weekend was 1,098 .. i have a $500 dec. So ill be getting a check in the mail for 600..

SPARTAN VI 07-11-2006 05:33 PM

Were you the one that hydroplaned into a wall?

05blackmustangkid 07-11-2006 05:35 PM

Wow all those estimates are cheap compared to mine. My stang has been in the body shop for 49 days and counting. The repair is $13,700.00. Good luck to all who has there stang damaged.

SPARTAN VI 07-11-2006 05:38 PM

ORIGINAL: 05blackmustangkid

Wow all those estimates are cheap compared to mine. My stang has been in the body shop for 49 days and counting. The repair is $13,700.00. Good luck to all who has there stang damaged.
And what happened to yours?!

petepete 07-11-2006 06:10 PM

army went off road and blue hit the wall...i think

blazen351 07-11-2006 06:32 PM

I thought it wa Jericho that hit the wall after hydroing. Didn't know about army's. But man there has been alot of accident threads recently. Spartan, Jericho (i think), shadowhax, army apparenty, and I know I've seen at least two others. Almost enough to make me want to leave Lola in the garage....ok well maybe not.

Spartan...I wouldn't mess with trying to get the woman's insurance. Even if they decide it was her fault they may be able to hit you with reckless driving, which could switch the blame back to you. I don't know this for sure, but if anybody else noticed you doing 70 in a 40 you could be hosed. I'd get a couple more estimates (and if you suspect they're taking advantage of your age have your dad take it in) and then find away to pay for it out of pocket. It would be worth to not risk your Insurance going up.

Anyways good luck and let us know what happens.

armycook1981 07-11-2006 06:46 PM

no army (me) was side swiped in mobile alabama. by a dusche who couldnt control his car and see all the pretty brake lights on..

jericho73 07-11-2006 06:55 PM

ORIGINAL: SPARTAN VI

Were you the one that hydroplaned into a wall?
That would be me :( Mines costing about 9k to fix because part of the thing that holds the bumper was creased and to repair it the engine has to be pulled out...IOW, half the $$$ is labor. Gave me a 2-3 week timeframe from yesterday, so like the end of the month.

With a 1k deductible and the repair bill 3700, so a 2700 difference, you may want to consider borrowing the $$$ and paying the repair bill yourself, so your premium doesn't go up. I know if the worst happens and my premium goes through the roof <i know it'll go up 50 or so a mo, a least> I may have to face the financial reality of losing the Mustang[:@]

05blackmustangkid 07-11-2006 07:14 PM

And what happened to yours?!

The story is I was broadsided by a red light runner and was spun around 360 degrees and landed on the median. 90% of the impact was on passenger door. The whole passenger side door of car was pushed into center console. Also the front knuckle on front axle was severely bent. I was not hurt thank god! If I had a passenger in front seat they would not be here today. I hope to get it back 7/5/06. I wanted to also say I will post the pictures of accident and the car after I get it back. Also the reason its taking so long is it takes a while to get parts from Ford.