Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

ANYONE WITH FI lookinside and FAZM

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 07:01 PM
armycook1981
2nd Gear Member

Default ANYONE WITH FI lookinside and FAZM

I just got off the phone with PORCHARGER i was gonna order the 3.2 pulley.
Basically the convo went like this..
Yes i was thinking about upgrading to 12psi..
Hold on i dont think anyone has done that before on the 05 v6
ok....
Sir we dont recommend that we never tested it at the psi before. ANd have never sold it to anyone yet.TO be honest with you i think your injectors fuel pump and rods/eninge will fail .... and the tuner wont beable to support it, we cant even get the 04 gt to hold together at 14psi.
It will void the enitre warrenty of your s/c once you pull the pulley off.
ok
I mean i will sell you the pulley but your basically on your own at that point
Well i dont think the fuel pump will fail nor will the injectors nor will the xcal. but hey your the tech so im gonna do alittle more research. thank you
hummmm..

JUSTIN runs his 12 or 14 .. altho its not daily driven at that psi.

Im planning on only running the 12 psi pulley only when wanting with its own tune.
Any help. this will only be a $100 upgrade and with a little tuning

WHat do yall say to this ...

FLAP give me a ring .. wanting to know if your wanting to meet up this weekend.
(there is a mini mustang meet on sunday about 2.5 hrs away from the both of us on I-10 kinda like in the center its in lafayette, la
Old 07-11-2006, 07:11 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

Default RE: ANYONE WITH FI lookinside and FAZM

i dont think its worth the risk of catastrophic failure

RE: ANYONE WITH FI lookinside and FAZM
Should have read that properly before i posted LOL
Old 07-11-2006, 08:11 PM
LX200
4th Gear Member

How much data do we have at lower PSI? Is there anybody out there with 30,000 miles at 9 PSI who has had no failures? Are there people out there at 9 PSI who HAVE had failures? Wonder if we should be trying to catalog this for the purposes of really trying to understand what the long term effects to the engine are??
Old 07-11-2006, 08:13 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

+2
ORIGINAL: LX200

How much data do we have at lower PSI? Is there anybody out there with 30,000 miles at 9 PSI who has had no failures? Are there people out there at 9 PSI who HAVE had failures? Wonder if we should be trying to catalog this for the purposes of really trying to understand what the long term effects to the engine are??
Old 07-12-2006, 01:26 AM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Anybody with FI ??
Old 07-12-2006, 10:45 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I'm at 20K, and have been running the 100 shot and following that 8.5psi for a majority of it. Though I only used the 100 shot at the track, never on the street and I am under boost on the street 95% of the time. I only get on the car at the track for the most part, unless I am merging or passing someone on the high way.

Powerhouse has been running high boost on thiers for a year now on the stock block with no issues. It's daily driven as well. MSP is running over 10lbs of boost and his is a daily driver as well, not sure how many miles he is at.

Personally, I would focus on an LSD, suspension, maybe gears before going to another pulley.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:17 AM
armycook1981
2nd Gear Member

Im focusing on the other stuff ... but the pulley is only 100 .. so i order it now .. i can have it readliy avb. when i can get a dyno scheduled and not have to worry about over nighting it due to time or anything..

@rygn
I asked ph the same about it being daily driven they said it as seen street use but i kinda took it as yeah its been driven on the street but not like we do it. . Im gonna shot them an email in regards to the fuel system to see if they every maxed the pump out.

Flapjack was seeing 13 psi when he got to sea level with his d1sc before he took it to ford yesterday for the p/s pump.. which ended up being the knocking noise. (i pretty sure mine is the pump as well) .. On that note our cars were built around the same time few months apart and the ford tech there wasnt a bulletin about it.

Old 07-12-2006, 11:19 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: armycook1981

Im focusing on the other stuff ... but the pulley is only 100 .. so i order it now .. i can have it readliy avb. when i can get a dyno scheduled and not have to worry about over nighting it due to time or anything..

@rygn
I asked ph the same about it being daily driven they said it as seen street use but i kinda took it as yeah its been driven on the street but not like we do it. . Im gonna shot them an email in regards to the fuel system to see if they every maxed the pump out.

Flapjack was seeing 13 psi when he got to sea level with his d1sc before he took it to ford yesterday for the p/s pump.. which ended up being the knocking noise. (i pretty sure mine is the pump as well) .. On that note our cars were built around the same time few months apart and the ford tech there wasnt a bulletin about it.

I'm a big fan of PHP and what they do. They had that car NA to 13.9 which is amazing. However, that is no street car!!! AC delete, seat delete, stock driver seat is replaced with a race seat, roll cage, it has slicks, and they are sparying juice on top of the blower. It's a cool car, it could pass a state inspection probably, but once you start taking out seats and AC, to me its not a street car anymore.
Old 07-12-2006, 11:51 AM
armycook1981
2nd Gear Member

@rygen
LSD .. i was leaning towards the t-lock but flap was telling me that it has to be rebuilt after like 12 miles.. im not to keen on that... i might end up going with the trutrac. instead
Old 07-12-2006, 10:49 PM
Greyshade

12 miles?? I do more than that driving to work!

Quick Reply: ANYONE WITH FI lookinside and FAZM