Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Hmm check this out.

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 11:54 PM
Revolver
I ♥ Acer

Default Hmm check this out.

Pretty cheap. Do you think it'll save money in the long run to buy this and fix it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-MU...ayphotohosting

Old 07-11-2006, 11:59 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Hmm check this out.

i dont like that damage to the outa jack frame rails behind the front right passenger fender. i'd want to look over it completly and get quotes for repairs. also it will always have a salvage title

Paul
Old 07-12-2006, 12:00 AM
Meph
2nd Gear Member

current Kelley blue book value is $24,155 ,You could be driving this for half that !!!
Dee dee deeeee! It's a wrecked car, of course it's half that. Definately using that blue book to his advantage.

Honestly something like that I wouldn't trust without a visual inspection. Never know what internal damage is done, and how much it'd cost to repair.

But if it's in reality a solid frame and just a bent fender... go for it! Get a cali dream fender and slap on a new body kit. Gotta buy a bumper any ways, spend an extra couple bucks and sexify it.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:03 AM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Revolver

Pretty cheap. Do you think it'll save money in the long run to buy this and fix it?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/06-MU...ayphotohosting

No, you're looking at 8-10 k to fit that back to stock easy, and you'd be taking a big hit on depreciation so...no, unless that you can do the work the car needs yourself/ get it done free.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:07 AM
Revolver
I ♥ Acer

It also needs a radiator and condensor. I have already replaced the right lower control arm , steering rack and the strut on that side with new Ford parts .The upper fender rail on the left side is slightly pushed in and will need to be pulled out .Both of the major frame rails look good . the subframe has some dents but I think it should be usable.
I think you guys missed this part. There was internal damage and he's fixed some of it. Still needs a new radiator. He said the frame looks good, but even a slight bend on the axles is invisble to the naked eye.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:11 AM
TheWatcher
2nd Gear Member

it would be better to just find a used 05 then to buy and fix that, looks like its in bad shape = alot of repair costs and uncertanties.
Old 07-12-2006, 12:13 AM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

a car whats been in a wreck that damages the frame in ANYway will NEVER be the same again, this coming from a person that has owned 1 salvage vehicle and wrecked one myself... a 39k truck, had it totaly repaired and it NEVER drove the same again.

Paul
Old 07-12-2006, 12:16 AM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

I hope my Epona drives like she used to...

Subframe damage that will be replaced... not nearly as bad as that car though. The body shop listed my car as "Excellent Condition"
Old 07-12-2006, 01:59 AM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

The fact that it is being offered for sale in an unrepaired state means it was totalled by an insurance company. The repair cost has to be 75% or more of the market value before they will total a car, so this car probably has 12k or more damage to it. Unless you have a close relative that can cut you a killer deal on collision repair, you'll lose your rear buying something like this. Not to mention that it probably has a screwed up title, history and Carfaq report now (meaning selling it would be a difficult proposition).
Old 07-12-2006, 02:21 AM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

my trucks frame was racked so it was undriveable, the 4wd system locked and when the towed it they shagged the whole drive train.

but when it was fixed it dorve ok, not as well as it used to but ok, good enuff to sell to a dealership

Quick Reply: Hmm check this out.