Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

MRT amazing

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2006, 09:57 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

Default MRT amazing

Ok so today i got my MRT in the mail and it was pooring rain here in jersey with tornado warnings??? we never have thoes...So im bumbed that i couldnt go work on it. About 10 min later my buddy with a garage calls me so i went over there. To make a long story short it was harder gettin the old exhaust off then putin the new one on. After everything was all set i took her for a ride. OMG...i live in a pretty populated area and all i can say is people will hate me...I doss sound amazing and everyone turns their heads to see whats comming. Im still thinking i should have goten the borla instead for less noise, but the MRT made my 5-speed open up wayy more then thought it would. Im going to give it a chance to brake in and all that so im going on a 100 mile road trip tomorrow to the jersey shore to run it though its pases. Ill keep ya updaded on how it goes if you like...My biggest fear is girls saying its too loud when i pick them up...o well...
Old 07-12-2006, 10:02 PM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: MRT amazing

it'll mellow and sound better as it brakes in. Two or three of my neighboring houses are Old people, and I haven't pissed any of them off yet with mine. It's loud, but not obnoxious so that helps. Glad you like it!
Old 07-12-2006, 10:04 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: NickSezz

Ok so today i got my MRT in the mail and it was pooring rain here in jersey with tornado warnings??? we never have thoes...So im bumbed that i couldnt go work on it. About 10 min later my buddy with a garage calls me so i went over there. To make a long story short it was harder gettin the old exhaust off then putin the new one on. After everything was all set i took her for a ride. OMG...i live in a pretty populated area and all i can say is people will hate me...I doss sound amazing and everyone turns their heads to see whats comming. Im still thinking i should have goten the borla instead for less noise, but the MRT made my 5-speed open up wayy more then thought it would. Im going to give it a chance to brake in and all that so im going on a 100 mile road trip tomorrow to the jersey shore to run it though its pases. Ill keep ya updaded on how it goes if you like...My biggest fear is girls saying its too loud when i pick them up...o well...
Very cool... The sound will definitely get better with time... mine changed over the matter of weeks, not days...

There are enough girls out there that like it loud... pass on the one that thinks the MRT is too loud!!! LOL!

Old 07-12-2006, 10:08 PM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

well said..thanks

ORIGINAL: scrming

ORIGINAL: NickSezz

Very cool... The sound will definitely get better with time... mine changed over the matter of weeks, not days...

There are enough girls out there that like it loud... pass on the one that thinks the MRT is too loud!!! LOL!

Old 07-12-2006, 10:14 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

lol that reminds me, i turned into the next street along to me and decided to put it into 1st and give it alittle gun, then i shifted to 2nd and let off, (like 35 mph) But this guy heard me and came running out of his garage yelling and pointing LOL, i paulled into my driveway and got ready for a verbal argument.. fortunatly, he didnt follow me! whoops!

Paul
Old 07-12-2006, 11:18 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: paulboy16

lol that reminds me, i turned into the next street along to me and decided to put it into 1st and give it alittle gun, then i shifted to 2nd and let off, (like 35 mph) But this guy heard me and came running out of his garage yelling and pointing LOL, i paulled into my driveway and got ready for a verbal argument.. fortunatly, he didnt follow me! whoops!

Paul
MRT has the single MRT/Aeroturbine setup on the Cherry 6T6 (http://www.mrt-direct.com/photogalle...2005/Build.htm)... Scott told me they tried a number of different muffler on the Cherry... then one day they put the Aeroturbine on... So Scott is driving through downtown Northville... he sees some guys on a corner.... he cracks the Cherry's throttle... All the guys heads instantly turn to look! One of them yells out "That is the most bad *** sounding Mustang!" Scott knew right then he had found the muffler he was looking for!!!
Old 07-12-2006, 11:22 PM
Britinastang
2nd Gear Member

where in jersey u at?
Old 07-13-2006, 12:24 AM
windveilpete
2nd Gear Member

Hmm, my American Thunders might be a little loud for my tastes, either that or there is zero sound proofing in the trunk, i mean it is LOUD at about 2500 rpm's... Mine also still has a little rattle or vibration sound at 70mph or so, but it is less pronounced today, so I am keeping my fingers crossed it will completely go away as it settles.

I did catch myself leaving it in 4th gear on the interstate today so I could enjoy the tone, just hope it gets a little deeper

Hope you enjoy your MRT!
Old 07-13-2006, 12:33 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

^^^^^
My american thunders are WAAAAAAAY quieter than my single mrt. I have 0 drone with them as well, which is awesome. The jba headers and the mrt had a nasty drone at 2500rpm, which was right at my freeway cruising speed.
Old 07-13-2006, 03:25 AM
NickSezz
4th Gear Member

Nutley..essex county.. north jersey..ya know

ORIGINAL: Britinastang

where in jersey u at?