Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

another GT take off muffler question

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 04:10 PM
StangFreak06
2nd Gear Member

Default another GT take off muffler question

Sorry, i know im probably getting annoying with these questions but here it is. Ive been hearing alot about how the single gt muffler on the v6 won't work properly. I understand that this muffler was engineered for the gt but will it have any negative effects on the v6. i am one day away from finalizing this deal and im now starting to have second thoughts due to some negative feedback. Anyone......advice. thanks in advance
Old 07-13-2006, 04:13 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

Default RE: another GT take off muffler question

i have one and it works perfect u gain maybe 3-5 rwhp there is no negative effects. people just say that because they dont like it and think it is a waste. it is a good low cost alternative
Old 07-13-2006, 04:14 PM
StangFreak06
2nd Gear Member

when i take it to ford for checkups are they gonna give me **** about it?
Old 07-13-2006, 04:17 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

That is the advantage of the gt mufller. Most of the dealers dont even notice because its not a stick out chrome exhaust
Old 07-13-2006, 04:24 PM
JStang78
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StangFreak06

when i take it to ford for checkups are they gonna give me **** about it?
If they do, they're just trying to lose a customer. What, besides the muffler itself and the tailpipe attached to it, would an axle-back exhaust affect? Realistically, warranty-wise, the only thing that is affected is the muffler itself. You really don't have much to worry about with dealers if all you do is change the muffler out. Maybe they'd be more likely to look for other things that might void parts of your warranty, but as for the effect of the muffler ON the warranty...there really is none (except, again, on the actual muffler).
Old 07-13-2006, 04:32 PM
StangFreak06
2nd Gear Member

thanks, your giving me my confidence back to get this done
Old 07-13-2006, 04:36 PM
JStang78
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StangFreak06

thanks, your giving me my confidence back to get this done
We're only here to help you feed the addiction!
Old 07-13-2006, 04:59 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

i have dual gt take offs, gt body kit, new wheels and tires, tint, yellow stripes, badges... the dealership is great, they just go "wow nice car" although ive only been twice, the ford dealership in MA changed my turbo in my truck under warrenty although i have it tunded to over 400rwhp and 750fpt

Paul
Old 07-13-2006, 05:10 PM
JStang78
2nd Gear Member

Paulboy -- Yeah, I think the absolute BEST policy is simply to have a good relationship with the dealership where you get your car serviced. My dealer is GREAT, too. In fact, they're a (former) SVT and Saleen dealer, so they're pretty much on the "up-and-up" when it comes to modding too. And while I'm sure no dealership wants to get a bad reputation (especially considering that's what an individual dealer's business is based on), I don't think that they want to do work for people who threaten to sue, constantly complain or second-guess everything they do either. Oh yeah...and the tech even complimented my car, despite the fact that a silver V6 Mustang with no exterior mods is nothing to them compared to the four or five Saleens sitting in their showroom next door!

BTW -- I love that color scheme you got goin' there with your car. The blue with yellow looks great!
Old 07-13-2006, 05:13 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

Thankyou!! seems to be a bigger hit than i was expecting! im soo pleased i had the confidence to go with it.

Paul

Quick Reply: another GT take off muffler question