Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Need opinion on side stripes

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 01:05 AM
Action_Jackson
2nd Gear Member

Default Need opinion on side stripes

My rally stripes are coming in tomorrow, they are 10 in. black w/metallic flake. I went to the dealership today and was inquiring about some warranty work and the body shop guy asked if I got my stripes in yet. He said that he would put them on for me for $120, and throw in a set of side stripes with the deal. Do you think I should get the side stripes? and is he asking too much for the install? I was thinking of applying them myself and saving the $120, are they hard to put on? Also the rally stripes are metallic black and the side stripes would not be metallic.

What do ya think?

Tim
Old 07-14-2006, 01:15 AM
onefastv6
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Need opinion on side stripes

dont install them yourself. unless you have some incredible talent like chip foose lol
120 seems pretty reasonable to me. i could be wrong though
Old 07-14-2006, 01:47 AM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

Take it from me, installing them yourself is a huge pain in the ***. Since my bumper and hood has to be replaced from my accident i'm taking off the rst of my black stripes and doing silver this time. But no way am i doing them myself.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:58 AM
Blk06Pony

From what I have heard on this forum, they are difficult to install and you need to know what you're doing. My suggestion is to pay the $120. It's worth not having to put up with the grief. Also, I wouldn't put on the side stripes. I have them and am thinking of taking them off. Just my opinion.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:33 AM
Action_Jackson
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the opinions guys. I guess I should have them do it, I was really wanting to put that money towards a Eibach pro kit though. Guess it will have to wait till next month, oh yea road trip next month, sh**.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:32 AM
defiant00
1st Gear Member

If the side stripes (rocker panel "Mustang" stripes) would match, I'd say go for it, but if they won't, it'll look ridiculous. I think I'm in the minority here in liking the rocker panel stripes, but if they're not the right color they definitely look wrong.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:49 AM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

+1 Personally I like the rocker panel stripes to!
ORIGINAL: defiant00

If the side stripes (rocker panel "Mustang" stripes) would match, I'd say go for it, but if they won't, it'll look ridiculous. I think I'm in the minority here in liking the rocker panel stripes, but if they're not the right color they definitely look wrong.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:52 AM
defiant00
1st Gear Member

My car is black and I'm doing the racing stripes and rocker panel stripes in a dark charcoal or graphite metallic. I think it'll be cool.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:57 AM
hataap
3rd Gear Member

i am another fan of the rocker panel stripes. but if they will not match the stripes on your car then dont get them
Old 07-14-2006, 04:28 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

I really like the rocker panel stripe, I think it just looks naked with out it. But like others said...only if they match...if they don't get some that do and put those on! Can't wait for pics of it either way

Quick Reply: Need opinion on side stripes