Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Hate cleaning the inside of the windshield and rear window?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2006, 03:27 PM
vistapony
2nd Gear Member

Default Hate cleaning the inside of the windshield and rear window?

I HATE trying to keep the inside of the windshield and the rear window clean. I know some of you feel the same way. For starters, I can't shove my big hands down into the bottom areas of these windows where the dash and rear deck start closing in. Secondly, I'm not a three year old girl so I don't fit well into the back seat of the stang. It's nearly a circuis act and if I was filmed trying to get into the back seat and then do anything but suffocate, it would win top honors on any of the funny video programs.

So i was sitting there cursing about how I could not reach to clean where I needed and I walked back into the house for a few minutes. As soon as I get inside there it was!

It was the Clorox Bathwand that my wife uses to clean the tubs and showers with. How could I have walked by this everyday and not realized it's usefulness for the mustang?

Basically it's a long want with a thin head (way thinner than my hands) that pivots. The face of it has velcro like fasteners on it so it holds onto any clothlike material. In my case I used some Windex or Armor All window wipes, folded them in half and stuck them to the end of the Bathwand.

Here is the wand and the Windex wipes that I put over the head:

A close up of a window wipe stuck to the wand:

You don't even need to crawl in the back to get all the way to the bottom of the back window!!

Front Window is a snap too....no more practicing Yoga when you clean:

Lastly...a closeup of the attaching face of the Clorox bathwand:

I'm super happy now, and my windows will stay much cleaner! Oh yeah...don't confuse this with the Clorox ToiletWand.....different thing that won't do the same as the Bathwand.

Give it a try, you'll love how much EASIER it is!!!
Old 07-15-2006, 03:32 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Hate cleaning the inside of the windshield and rear window?

My rear window has remained dirty for quite some time... it's just such a pain.... what a brilliant solution! I can tell there's a little MacGyver in ya!
Old 07-15-2006, 04:00 PM
sarahfro0313
2nd Gear Member

these window wipes u use.. are they safe for tinted windows as well?
Old 07-15-2006, 04:09 PM
vistapony
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sarahfro0313

Not sure on that one Sarah....they safe for "factory" tinted windows. Not sure about tint film. BUT...the beuty of this is you can even use a wash cloth with soap and water if you want to!
Old 07-15-2006, 04:13 PM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

excellent suggestion!
Old 07-15-2006, 04:23 PM
sarahfro0313
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: vistapony

ORIGINAL: sarahfro0313

Not sure on that one Sarah....they safe for "factory" tinted windows. Not sure about tint film. BUT...the beuty of this is you can even use a wash cloth with soap and water if you want to!
true true.. but i was jw about teh wipes.. or any other products for that matter... anyone know!?
Old 07-15-2006, 05:19 PM
SparkYZ
2nd Gear Member

Thank you for that!!!
Is it just me or do your windows get this hazy filmy crap on your cars too?
Old 07-15-2006, 05:30 PM
Action_Jackson
2nd Gear Member

Hey, that is a pretty good idea, I alway put off cleaning my windows because its a pain.

And Sarah I was told to use a 50/50 solution of alcohol, "rubbing alchohol", and water, to clean my tint. Dries fast too with no streaking. Use a terry cloth because some papertowels have a harsh surface that can dammage the tint.
Old 07-15-2006, 05:37 PM
Ken Rogers
3rd Gear Member

Good idea! My current system is to hold a piece of folded paper towel with the back of my hand. It's easier to reach in this manner. I use "invisible glass" and it seems to do a great job. You just have to make sure to buff the window dry, otherwise you'll see the residue.

Ken
Old 07-15-2006, 05:57 PM
sarahfro0313
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Action_Jackson

Hey, that is a pretty good idea, I alway put off cleaning my windows because its a pain.

And Sarah I was told to use a 50/50 solution of alcohol, "rubbing alchohol", and water, to clean my tint. Dries fast too with no streaking. Use a terry cloth because some papertowels have a harsh surface that can dammage the tint.
hm rubbing alcohol.. sounds good to me... i kwno the best thing for normal windows (liek on the house) and mirrors is vinegar.. so i guess it all makes sense... i just dont wana use any harsh chemicals that may ruin my tint... after all it was a gift from my boyfriend!

Quick Reply: Hate cleaning the inside of the windshield and rear window?