Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

S/C Install question

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 11:45 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: S/C Install question

What you don't have the Turbonater on the prius?
ORIGINAL: toosober

You guys are killing me! I have been planning the ZEX kit now for about a month, doing all my research: prices, installation notes, availablity, ETC. Now all this talk of a turbonator is making me want to go ahead and drop the big bucks and get one. I should be able to beat rygen's 13's with a turbonator, I hope the install is not too hard.
Old 07-16-2006, 11:49 AM
toosober
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: blazen351

What you don't have the Turbonater on the prius?
ORIGINAL: toosober

You guys are killing me! I have been planning the ZEX kit now for about a month, doing all my research: prices, installation notes, availablity, ETC. Now all this talk of a turbonator is making me want to go ahead and drop the big bucks and get one. I should be able to beat rygen's 13's with a turbonator, I hope the install is not too hard.
I tried, but I could not figure out how to get it to work with the electric motor. For some reason I could not find the air intake, or even a fuel line!
Old 07-16-2006, 11:52 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

well then damn it how the hell do those electric motors work with out bloody fire from air and gas??? I just don't get it!
Old 07-16-2006, 01:01 PM
Britinastang
2nd Gear Member

wow Blazen in 3 months you have posted over a 1000 times

...darn we need a spam god smiley
Old 07-16-2006, 02:38 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

xcharger sounds abit easier to install and IMHO sounds th ebest for a DD as the boost comes on at VERY low rpm. I shift at about 3.3k when im out driving normaly so i wouldnt see the advantage of the turbo, and i also think our 2nd gear lacks alot down low so the xcharger with its serious ammounts of torque down low is gonna be awesome for a stick shift DD

Paul
Old 07-16-2006, 03:48 PM
sonicblue05
3rd Gear Member

Rygen, when does the boost come in on the turbo? can you cruise around and not be in it, or is it kinda always there? because i think maybe the procharger might be better for the engine simply because with the X-charger you are almost constantly boosting the engine, as with the procharger your only boosting above 3000...........just my thoughts
a little help?
Old 07-16-2006, 03:50 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: paulboy16

xcharger sounds abit easier to install and IMHO sounds th ebest for a DD as the boost comes on at VERY low rpm. I shift at about 3.3k when im out driving normaly so i wouldnt see the advantage of the turbo, and i also think our 2nd gear lacks alot down low so the xcharger with its serious ammounts of torque down low is gonna be awesome for a stick shift DD

Paul
actually I could argue the opposite.. The centrif. blower are better for a DD since you can cruise around town easily without getting into the boost which is easier on the motor... and when you do get on the it the boost comes on at a higher RPM which is easier on the motor... The extra torque down low is great for kicking back in the seat but it is harder on the rotating assembly... Which is why Zex says don't spray below 2500 RPM or bad things can happen... which I have personally experienced! LOL! Of course I could be completly full of it too... LOL!

Now as far as install, the X-charger will be the easiest...
Old 07-16-2006, 03:50 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Reach max boost at 2800 to 2900. I can easily cruise under boost most of the time. The boost gauge was invaluable as it helps me stay under boost so I can baby the car until I need it at the track.
Old 07-16-2006, 03:56 PM
sonicblue05
3rd Gear Member

sorry scrming i beat you to that one lol seems great minds think alike........

any i know this sounds stupid........but what makes the turbo and supercharger inatall so difficult? is it the injectors? because other than that all i see is reallyalot op piping? i mean iv done alot of exhaust stuff and headers, fabricating and stuff.......i just dont see where the difficulty is.....i know im an idiot but someone please help here.............
Old 07-16-2006, 04:11 PM
Action_Jackson
2nd Gear Member

IMO u should go w/ the t if u can get more hp than the sc. If u think it's pos. to do n u garage. Just watch out for the po po after u install the sc, or u'll end up n the pd. But seriously If you think you can do the install and have something else to drive in the mean time I would go with the turbo. I remember the first time I replaced a motor, a friend that new what he was doing was supposed to come over and help me do it. He showed up like 2 hours one day. I was taking a motor out with multiport fuel injection and replacing it with a motor that had a carb, and transfering all the MFI to the new motor. After three weekends It was complete, I turned the key over and it started with no hesitation. It was a great feeling of accomplishment, and if this is what you are looking for I say do it.

Quick Reply: S/C Install question