Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Exhaust tone

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 10:01 AM
toosober
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Exhaust tone

ORIGINAL: djl0657

BLAZEN,

No disrespect intended and I enjoy your posts tremendously. BUT, if you keep drawing that kind of attention to our cars and our mufflers, someone in high places will see to it that some law will be created OR some existing law will be enforced and we will all have OEM systems in place again. Just a thought, I doubt that everyone present was smiling when those alarms were going off.

We get the same posts on my motorcycle club forum, guys bragging about setting off car alarms or waking their neighbors for fun. We are just shooting ourselves in the foot (I'm talking motorcycle stuff with that comment, as there are always folks out there that are trying to quiet the big two wheelers).

BTW, and I'm not trying to butter you up after my comments, but your car looks SUPER. I was at the dealer the other day and saw the new ALLOY CLEARCOAT color on a V-6 with a five speed and was tempted to bring another MUSTANG into the fold. You have courage with the black, I had a black EXPLORER years ago and had to watch the paint constantly for spotting and acid rain etching.

OBLIGATORY THREAD HIJACK

What kind of bike do you ride? I have a 2006 H-D Electra Glide and a 1990 FJ1200.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:03 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: toosober

OBLIGATORY THREAD HIJACK

What kind of bike do you ride? I have a 2006 H-D Electra Glide and a 1990 FJ1200.
What's it like to ride a bike? Lame question I know, but I've always wanted to ride one/own one, but don't bloody know how to ride one! I need somebody with a bike that is kool enough to teach me...feel like a road trip sober?? LOL
Old 07-16-2006, 10:08 AM
GrayPony
4th Gear Member

The same two in the parking garage everyday with my Magnaflows. [sm=smiley4.gif]
(a Honda and a Hyundai... go figure)
Old 07-16-2006, 10:08 AM
toosober
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: blazen351

OBLIGATORY THREAD HIJACK

What's it like to ride a bike? Lame question I know, but I've always wanted to ride one/own one, but don't bloody know how to ride one! I need somebody with a bike that is kool enough to teach me...feel like a road trip sober?? LOL
Riding my motorcycles is the single most enjoyable, well not counting sex, thing that I do in the world. I get a huge sense of freedom from it, and I forget all the worries. It is as close to flying you can get with out leaving the ground. Most states have a motorcycle education program where they provide the motorcycles for the class and get you your endorcement.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:12 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Sounds awesome, man I want one. I'll look into seeing if we have some kind of training program around here, I've always wanted a freaking bike, but other things have always kept coming up...No MORE I say, I shall learn to ride a bike and I will like it....HAHAHAHAHAHA...little over the top??

OBLIGATORY THREAD HIJACK

Riding my motorcycles is the single most enjoyable, well not counting sex, thing that I do in the world. I get a huge sense of freedom from it, and I forget all the worries. It is as close to flying you can get with out leaving the ground. Most states have a motorcycle education program where they provide the motorcycles for the class and get you your endorcement.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:14 AM
toosober
I ♥ Acer

Sounds awesome, man I want one. I'll look into seeing if we have some kind of training program around here, I've always wanted a freaking bike, but other things have always kept coming up...No MORE I say, I shall learn to ride a bike and I will like it....HAHAHAHAHAHA...little over the top??

OBLIGATORY THREAD HIJACK

I have been motorcycling since I was about 10 years old, started on dirt then got my first street bike when I was 14. My parents created a monster. LOL
Old 07-16-2006, 10:17 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

I wish my parents had done that, Oh well, never to late to learn and then I can teach my kids.
Old 07-16-2006, 02:39 PM
djl0657
2nd Gear Member

TOO SOBER,

My 99 ROYAL STAR VENTURE (Yamaha). I've been on motorcycles since the early eighties and have been across country three times on touring motorcycles. I'm a member of STAR TOURING M/C.
Old 07-16-2006, 02:40 PM
djl0657
2nd Gear Member

try again....
Old 07-16-2006, 02:41 PM
djl0657
2nd Gear Member

I'll get this to work, eventually

[IMG]local://upfiles/32800/4341D040D4F043E795E0514D7FAE140A.jpg[/IMG]

Quick Reply: Exhaust tone