Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Exhaust tone

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2006, 05:55 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Default Exhaust tone

I found this funny...I went out to a comedy club tonight and when I pulled up I hear this car a couple spots down from me....chirp chirp chirp. It's alarm sesitivity was set up to high. But it made everybody standing in line start staring at my car since I got lucky and got a spot right up front...Anyways I left it alone and shut my car off and went in and enjoyed the show. After the show we were standing around BSing and I hopped in the car and fired her up and this car started chirping at me again, I couldn't resist and gave it a little gas and next thing you know off goes the alarm. Well I get out and people are pointing at the car and then at mine, I look down to see which one it was since I wasn't sure and it was this kinda ricey little honda. Made me laugh. I've set off a few other alarms with my MRT, but that's generally at half throttle or more. How many of the rest of you set off car alarms and does it amuse you as much as me??? Or am I just a jack ***?? Yes I know I can be a jack ***, but I'm talking about with this
Old 07-16-2006, 05:56 AM
Jeremy
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Exhaust tone

Lol! I love doing that! The best is in parking garages, so the noise bounces off everything.
Old 07-16-2006, 05:58 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

ha! Great story! Haven't set any alarms off yet... I don't usually rev around parked cars... but, now I may just have to!
Old 07-16-2006, 05:59 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Yeah parking garages kick ***, I'm in one a couple of times a week and I look forward to it all day. LOL
Old 07-16-2006, 06:05 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

You definatley should, it cracks me up every time...before tonight my wife used to always just roll her eyes at me when I'd tell her, tonight though she was with me and finally understood. She got a big kick out of it too....

OH and we're driving home and this one highway here the road goes down into the ground a bit with walls on each side of it and I'd drop down to a lower gear to let my exhaust get louder through there with it bouncing of the walls...especially when we'd go under an overpass...after the first one she kept wanting me to do it again and again...and the she'd giggle...she's finally begining to understand why I love my car so much...she always appreciated the look of the car now she gets the rest of it...LOL
ORIGINAL: hamidlmt

ha! Great story! Haven't set any alarms off yet... I don't usually rev around parked cars... but, now I may just have to!
Old 07-16-2006, 06:26 AM
Jeremy
4th Gear Member

blazen351 Date 7/16/2006 1:05:55 AM
You definatley should, it cracks me up every time...before tonight my wife used to always just roll her eyes at me when I'd tell her, tonight though she was with me and finally understood. She got a big kick out of it too....

OH and we're driving home and this one highway here the road goes down into the ground a bit with walls on each side of it and I'd drop down to a lower gear to let my exhaust get louder through there with it bouncing of the walls...especially when we'd go under an overpass...after the first one she kept wanting me to do it again and again...and the she'd giggle...she's finally begining to understand why I love my car so much...she always appreciated the look of the car now she gets the rest of it...LOL
Now that kicks *** too.
Old 07-16-2006, 09:11 AM
djl0657
2nd Gear Member

BLAZEN,

No disrespect intended and I enjoy your posts tremendously. BUT, if you keep drawing that kind of attention to our cars and our mufflers, someone in high places will see to it that some law will be created OR some existing law will be enforced and we will all have OEM systems in place again. Just a thought, I doubt that everyone present was smiling when those alarms were going off.

We get the same posts on my motorcycle club forum, guys bragging about setting off car alarms or waking their neighbors for fun. We are just shooting ourselves in the foot (I'm talking motorcycle stuff with that comment, as there are always folks out there that are trying to quiet the big two wheelers).

BTW, and I'm not trying to butter you up after my comments, but your car looks SUPER. I was at the dealer the other day and saw the new ALLOY CLEARCOAT color on a V-6 with a five speed and was tempted to bring another MUSTANG into the fold. You have courage with the black, I had a black EXPLORER years ago and had to watch the paint constantly for spotting and acid rain etching.

Old 07-16-2006, 09:26 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

LOL, I respect that point of view, especially since you stated it so cautiously. LOL. I'm sure there were a couple of people that didn't appreciate that noise at all, and admitidley I should have been more mature, but the guy had his sensitivity cranked up way to much. I bet if I had sneezed and a drop of spit hit it it would have gone off LOL. I too would hate to have somebody tell what I could and could not put on my mustang. Somehow I imagine I would get in alot of trouble if anyone ever starts trying to tell me. Now as for Neighborhoods, that's a different story...I'm quiet and respectful in residential areas...even when it's not my own...always have been, I even turn my stereo WAY down to where I can just hear it when it's late. I figure area where kids are playing and people are trying to relax is not the place to show off...now outside of the club ealier...hell yeah fair game LOL

Thanks for the compliments, Lola is my second black car, but the first one was a 4 door sedan and in truth I wasn't very good about keeping it clean. With the Mustang though I'm damn near religous about keeping her clean. I was tempted to go with another color when I bought her even though black has always been my favorite car color, but as fate would have it mine was the only one on the lot with a stick, so there you have it. Fate! LOL Ok maybe not, but close enough.
ORIGINAL: djl0657

BLAZEN,

No disrespect intended and I enjoy your posts tremendously. BUT, if you keep drawing that kind of attention to our cars and our mufflers, someone in high places will see to it that some law will be created OR some existing law will be enforced and we will all have OEM systems in place again. Just a thought, I doubt that everyone present was smiling when those alarms were going off.

We get the same posts on my motorcycle club forum, guys bragging about setting off car alarms or waking their neighbors for fun. We are just shooting ourselves in the foot (I'm talking motorcycle stuff with that comment, as there are always folks out there that are trying to quiet the big two wheelers).

BTW, and I'm not trying to butter you up after my comments, but your car looks SUPER. I was at the dealer the other day and saw the new ALLOY CLEARCOAT color on a V-6 with a five speed and was tempted to bring another MUSTANG into the fold. You have courage with the black, I had a black EXPLORER years ago and had to watch the paint constantly for spotting and acid rain etching.

Old 07-16-2006, 09:57 AM
toosober
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: blazen351

I found this funny...I went out to a comedy club tonight and when I pulled up I hear this car a couple spots down from me....chirp chirp chirp. It's alarm sesitivity was set up to high. But it made everybody standing in line start staring at my car since I got lucky and got a spot right up front...Anyways I left it alone and shut my car off and went in and enjoyed the show. After the show we were standing around BSing and I hopped in the car and fired her up and this car started chirping at me again, I couldn't resist and gave it a little gas and next thing you know off goes the alarm. Well I get out and people are pointing at the car and then at mine, I look down to see which one it was since I wasn't sure and it was this kinda ricey little honda. Made me laugh. I've set off a few other alarms with my MRT, but that's generally at half throttle or more. How many of the rest of you set off car alarms and does it amuse you as much as me??? Or am I just a jack ***?? Yes I know I can be a jack ***, but I'm talking about with this
My MRT sets them off at work. We have a 4 story parking garage, and I purposely leave it in 1st gear all the way up to 3rd. I set about 2-3 off every morning. I get immense pleasure out of it! I guess I will never grow up.
Old 07-16-2006, 10:01 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

see you know my joy. [sm=massbounce.gif]

Quick Reply: Exhaust tone