Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Procharger is going back already!!!

Old 07-18-2006, 03:50 AM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Procharger is going back already!!!

This is so totally bullcrap... typical small crap company that does not hold enough inventory to satisfy the demand for warranty service. They are too busy trying to make every last cent.

This alone has convinced me to NEVER consider a Procharger.
Old 07-18-2006, 04:27 AM
AmericanMade
3rd Gear Member

I would say you may run into certain problems no matter what kind of F/I you buy. Flapjack and there was another guy that are totally satisfied with ProCharger and others are not. Some people prefer Vortech and some don't... the only thing I don't like about Vortech is that you have to tap into your own oil pan and if the charger dies then you're screwed in the butt because there goes your engine. If anyone can send me a link to read about the X-Charger (I'm still trying to figure out which one I want) that would be badass. Rygen is the only one that seems to be going smooth with his PH lol! But I'm sorry to hear that I was considering ProCharger but I'm still going to keep an open mind on others. Sorry once again man.
Old 07-18-2006, 07:19 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanMade

I would say you may run into certain problems no matter what kind of F/I you buy. Flapjack and there was another guy that are totally satisfied with ProCharger and others are not. Some people prefer Vortech and some don't... the only thing I don't like about Vortech is that you have to tap into your own oil pan and if the charger dies then you're screwed in the butt because there goes your engine. If anyone can send me a link to read about the X-Charger (I'm still trying to figure out which one I want) that would be badass. Rygen is the only one that seems to be going smooth with his PH lol! But I'm sorry to hear that I was considering ProCharger but I'm still going to keep an open mind on others. Sorry once again man.
Everyone one who has installed a Procharger has run into some kind of problem, including Flapjack... everyone! Also Flajack is VERY mechanically inclined so it made dealing with his issue easier... unlike me who would have been totally lost if there had been a problem...

The tapping into the engines oil is really not a big deal at all... I have no idea why people are so paranoid.... if the charger dies how does that automatically kill the engine???? If it were that bad there wouldn't be any turbos! LOL!

Old 07-18-2006, 09:50 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Hey guys good morning ..... 4:45 AM in Mesa, AZ

Don't get me wrong the performance part of it is great!!! It runs great! Cool as hell but she's leaking after 2 days. I don't understand LOL.

I figured it out. Im gunna haft to go back to my shop have them yank it off, cap it with the cold air intake, use the stock belt, and have him tune me for 42lb's and natural asperation so i can still drive my car!! I need a car. Im gunna call it "The leaky Procharger tune" LOL Im gunna haft to sell my headers that I never put on for this one. Procharger is going to hear it today, I think they should pay for it. Im gunna tell them too I don't feel comfortable with your product in my car!! It leaked after 2 days! Hell I feel its gunna leak after 2 weeks or 2 months when I get it back fixed. Im not even going to be able to enjoyIM gunna be paraniod watching to see if It leaks
Old 07-18-2006, 12:14 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Rick... it sounds like your attitude has calmed a bit. Give 'em hell, but don't give up on your ride! We're all behind ya... at least for moral support!

On a side note to all... We here on the forums represent a decent cross section of what's going on out there in the world. It seems that Procharger units have an incredibly high rate of problems. I haven't heard of a single Vortech issue that I can recall. And, it's too soon to tell about the X-charger and Pipeline Turbo. But, I just get the feeling from these companies that they actually care about the product they put out... you can just feel their enthusiasm. I don't get that same vibe from Procharger in any way, shape or form. A company that doesn't care surely doesn't deserve my business.... and I don't think Procharger gives a poo.

Rick, I know once the issue is resolved you're going to have a kick *** ride! All of this misery will be soon forgotten. Everyone else with a Procharger loves 'em once they've gotten through the muck.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:17 PM
AmericanMade
3rd Gear Member

I know a guy that does stuff like this for a living, I don't exactly know how it works but if you do the Vortech and your supercharger goes bad you can't run your car... I'll ask him and then explain it the way he did. I've heard good about Vortech and Flapjack personally told me he has had no problems with their customer support but eh... I still have an open mind for others.
Old 07-18-2006, 01:29 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Rick, I am so sorry to hear about your Procharger problems. Stand firm when you call them. If you think that you will always be concerned with future problems, then return the unit and demand a refund. There are other FI options if you want to explore them.

As to ways for relieving stress, I'll let other chime in on that!
Old 07-18-2006, 02:57 PM
armycook1981
2nd Gear Member

RICK,
Sorry i do not have internet access for the next 3 weeks like i used to had to turn my laptop in for warrenty.

FIRST,
IS the leak coming from the allen head key right above the drain plug. ? I have a slight one there as well. Altho i havent looked at it to see if it is a lose bolt or not.. I will be today tho i have the afternoon off.

Second,
Im sorry your having so much issue with the oil change like your talking about.. LIKE I SAID easiest way to do it was to loosen the belt, and remove the 4 or 5 support bolts and take it off.. i HAVE about 15% mech knowledge and can do this all in less then 15 mintues. SO why your BITCHING about that i dont know why get alittle dirty. Stop paying for people to do it.

Thridly,
YOU have a warrenty use it. So you wont have a car for a month take scrming when he did his piston in. I dont know how long he was out. Find another means of transportation man. Ive put alot of money in the car already if something happens im not gonna just let the **** go im gonna try to find the fix for it like i always do.

fourth,

EVERY KIT Has ITS ISSUES.. procharger might not be on the top for 100% but when these other kits start having issues everyone will jump on the next ones dick like they do now.

fifth,
I'll be the first to admit. ZI even told RYGEN and FLAPJACK the only reason i went with procharger was cause POWERHOUSE wasnt out yet. The only issues ive had have been tuning. the water pump pulley coming off was do to me not toruqing the bolts down correctly. not procharger. Yeah i wish a few things are done differently but thqats why its called aftermarket.

If you dont want the kit period. remove it put it back to stock. go buy a new powersteering hose or just leave it there. Get a new pisc from procharger, and sell your kit but inform them they well not have a warrenty from procharger, take a few hundred loss and buy something else. People well still buy procharger regardless if it is poor service or great service. hell Who know i might remove the s/c and go turbo in the future . or get a create eninge put in. But in the end SINCE i had everything runnning correctly.. Nothing beats the smirk on my face as i fly by someone.

RELAX youll be ok. just get a plan of action together and work from there. if you- wann atalk about the s/c pm your number. take it easy man
Old 07-18-2006, 04:13 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

Rick, sorry about what's wrong with the car. I hope you get everything straightened out soon.

Y'know, since I decided to get my financial life in order (credit cards, whatta b!tch) and set a few bucks away for bullitts and suspension parts, I think that reading about what you guys are doing with forced induction is great learning for the rest of us that can't afford to get the ultimate in go-fast goodies. It really helps out to know about the gremlins that could spring up with different forms of boost, so that when I finally can get F/I (probably after the warranty is up), I'll know what I'm in for.
Old 07-18-2006, 05:18 PM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

I've been lucky with the guys at ATI, but to be safe... don't talk to anyone besides James. He's in charge of the service department, and he's awesome.

I had a few problems with leaks. It turned out to be a bad shaft. At any rate, I got a D1SC out of the whole ordeal... so I can't complain much.

I never paid for shipping. They always sent me out a pre-paid next day air label. I would ship it out one day, they'd get it, rebuild it, and ship it out the next day. My total downtime was usually 2-3 days. After 3 trips back, they'll give you a new blower. If it ever comes to it, that is when you drop the "I want a D1SC" bomb on them.

Oh and by the way... I've got about 3000 miles on this new blower, and it's completely leak free.

I had a very rackety noise coming from the engine area. I was on the road, so I had ArmyCook ask around for me as to what it might be. After stopping and listening to parts of the engine with a screwdriver, it seemed very clear it was coming from the power steering pump.

When I got to Biloxi, I took the car down to Ford. They were cool as heck about working on it. They were actually excited just to see a supercharged six. They ordered a new pump and installed it the next day. Well, the noise was still there. They kept saying it was the blower.

I took it down to the auto hobby shop on base. They had a stethoscope, so I used it to listen around. It was loud by the PS pump, but it was louder from the pulley below the PS pump pulley (a ProCharger pulley which is actually screwed into the PS pump). It was definitely bad. It was reverberating through the PS pump, which led me (and Ford initially) to believe that's what it was.

ATI next day aired a new idler pulley. 30 minutes later, the noise was gone. It just goes to show we can't get too excited when we hear a new noise. I had no idea a little bitty pulley could make that much noise!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Procharger is going back already!!!