Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Getting Duals installed!

Old 07-18-2006, 08:05 PM
petah50
1st Gear Member

Default Getting Duals installed!

Just got back from the muffler shop. I have an appointment for Thursday morning. I already have a Gt take off, I am having the other half plus a custom h-pipe installed for $185. I just cut my v6 bumper (talk about nerve racking) to make way for the new muffler. If I am not happy with the V6 bumper I have a GT take off bumper in my garage waiting. If I like it with the V6 bumper I am going to sell the Gt bumper
Old 07-18-2006, 08:09 PM
28HopUp
MF Administrator

Default RE: Getting Duals installed!

Sounds like a good price. Post some pix and/or a sound clip afterwards, if you can.
Old 07-18-2006, 08:19 PM
petah50
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 28hopup

Sounds like a good price. Post some pix and/or a sound clip afterwards, if you can.
Will do!
Old 07-18-2006, 08:24 PM
baspears

I just ordered my GT Take Off's today! I went to the muffler shop and they quoted me 150.00 to install and make the H-pipe. I can't find anyone who wants to cut on my bumper, so I'm gonna do that tommorrow. Is there anything you could tell me to make the process easier? Also, am looking for a 2006 GT Rear Bumper (Torch Red) is that what you got? If so, How much?
Old 07-18-2006, 08:59 PM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

Here's a couple of places you can get a GT Bumper take off, The first one you can get all the colors just specify when you order but the second site i believe you have to paint it yourself so i think the 1st site is a better deal..

http://v6mustangstuff.com/TakeOffParts.htm

http://www.newtakeoff.com/index.asp?...OD&ProdID=7849
Old 07-18-2006, 09:14 PM
petah50
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: baspears

I just ordered my GT Take Off's today! I went to the muffler shop and they quoted me 150.00 to install and make the H-pipe. I can't find anyone who wants to cut on my bumper, so I'm gonna do that tommorrow. Is there anything you could tell me to make the process easier? Also, am looking for a 2006 GT Rear Bumper (Torch Red) is that what you got? If so, How much?

I would tell you to cut small and work your way up to the actual size. Easier to cut more than to cut too much. I amde a template of the passenger side then flipped it to mark the drivers side. My car is also torch red. The bumper I have is black. I have a hook up here with paint so I was going to get itpainted cheap. If I sell it it will be $100 obo plus shipping if needed. It is located in Houston, TX
Old 07-18-2006, 09:22 PM
onefastv6
3rd Gear Member

my advice is dont worry too much about screwing up. when the exhaust is on the beefy tip will make it unnoticable
Old 07-18-2006, 09:24 PM
Horrific_Ending
4th Gear Member

Wait the muffler guys wont do it for you? they cut mine with easy. Oh and petah you said you already have a gt take off on? how long have you had it on for? because i heard that if you break that one gt muffler in and then put the second one on later its going to sound weird.
Old 07-18-2006, 09:47 PM
petah50
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Horrific_Ending

Wait the muffler guys wont do it for you? they cut mine with easy. Oh and petah you said you already have a gt take off on? how long have you had it on for? because i heard that if you break that one gt muffler in and then put the second one on later its going to sound weird.
No the muffler guys said they would cut it, I just felt more comfortable doing it myself. I have had the Gt take off on for about 2 months or so. I heard the opposite actually. Since one muffler has been operating longer the sounds are different, therefore the help eliminate/minimize the drone. I guess I'll find out on Thursday.
Old 07-18-2006, 10:18 PM
pcastle

Hey petah50 I am located in Dallas. I was thinking about doing dual also. So the shop is going to fabricate an H pipe for you? Do you have the information on the shop? If it's good work I will drive down and get mine done also. Every other weekend I am in Houston...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Getting Duals installed!