Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Why did You not get a GT instead.

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2006, 04:36 PM
Jiraiya
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Why did You not get a GT instead.

Best car for the money I had, period. If I'd had the extra 5+ grand to spend on the v8, I probably would have, but that's like saying if I had the extra hundred grand I would have bought a Porsche. It's irrelevant. I bought the V6 because it blew away everything else I could afford.
Old 07-20-2006, 04:41 PM
Wicked Pony
3rd Gear Member

Great value - alot of car for the money - this is my second car and I use it as an everyday driver. I couldn't see myself spending 30k on a second car (another reason is I would not be able to afford the payments on a GT)
Old 07-20-2006, 04:44 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

I bought mine right after the verts started hitting the ground in early '05. At that point GTs were still going for well over sticker, and they were rare as hen's teeth. I paid full sticker for mine, so I have the dubious honor of having paid more for a fully loaded V6 vert than most people paid for their GT coupe [&:] For an older guy like me the insurance is basically the same between the two.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:11 PM
Johnnydayz
1st Gear Member

I test drove the GT, but at the time it was done during heavy traffic. I then test drove the V6 during the same time. I realized that my drive will always be in this type of traffic, so i decided on the V6. It would be greater on mileage, cheaper on insurance, and provided more than enough power for what I needed and was used to. I'm very happy and havent' looked back.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:17 PM
StangFreak06
2nd Gear Member

Overall price fit the budget. No regrets except maybe sould've gotten the 5-speed.

I do drool Over that new Cobra at least once a day though. Red with the white stripes......you've seen it
Old 07-20-2006, 05:21 PM
workshop4ever
2nd Gear Member

I'm 19, so insurance would have cost me more than payments on the car. Lol. Also gas mileage. The V8 just wats way too much gas.

Besides, I plan on getting an X-chrager and tuning it to be as fast as a GT while still having the lower cost of insurance and gas prices.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:26 PM
Playboy06
2nd Gear Member

My Mustang was my graduation present, I had a 25,000 limit, simple, I didn't have enough for a GT, I tried my hardest, but I don't regret having a six, it is wonderful.
Old 07-20-2006, 05:59 PM
DylanFan
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hataap

i chose a sixer because of the overall price, the cost of insurance, and the gas mileage. i am very satisfied.
Nice looking car! It looks a lot like mine which is a Tungsten Grey V6 Coupe with Pony Package, Upgraded interior, single Flowmaster, shorty antenna. I am going to Birmingham over the Labor Day week-end for the Mustang Stampede for the 30th anniversary of the National Mustang club. I am hoping there will be a lot of vendors there with good prices on Mustang parts. Here is a link to the Mustang Stampede:

http://www.mustang.org/specialevents/MCA.cfm?home
Old 07-20-2006, 06:45 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

bought my car the day the new mustangs came out they didnt have any gts so i bough ta v6 didnt really matter to me though i am planning to get a cobra in 6 months just wanna save up so i can buy it cash and pay no premium got 28k right now just need 20 more >_<
Old 07-20-2006, 07:15 PM
hataap
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DylanFan

ORIGINAL: hataap

i chose a sixer because of the overall price, the cost of insurance, and the gas mileage. i am very satisfied.
Nice looking car! It looks a lot like mine which is a Tungsten Grey V6 Coupe with Pony Package, Upgraded interior, single Flowmaster, shorty antenna. I am going to Birmingham over the Labor Day week-end for the Mustang Stampede for the 30th anniversary of the National Mustang club. I am hoping there will be a lot of vendors there with good prices on Mustang parts. Here is a link to the Mustang Stampede:

http://www.mustang.org/specialevents/MCA.cfm?home
hey thanks...is yours an auto as well? Anyways, yea I am only 18 so the insurance woulda been a lot for the GT, gas mileage would have been worse...etc etc

Quick Reply: Why did You not get a GT instead.