Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

cool new info

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2006, 02:56 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

Default RE: cool new info

yeaa my door handle doesnt close either cheao plastic stuff
Old 07-24-2006, 03:02 PM
mdlesk
3rd Gear Member

I think there is a spring in there that is loose or something. My drivers side is fine which is the only one I use lol.
Old 07-24-2006, 04:09 PM
SonicV6

LOL!! Yeah that was my car you saw Blackfoot. Thing is, they are not covering the clutch!!!! Let's just say we are not seeing eye to eye on that one. They say the clutch is a wear item, only convered for 1 year. Funny thing is, I have a screwed up Tranny, which probably took out the clutch. I didn't even think I had a clutch problem, worked fine when I drove it in. My tranny issue was a 5th gear synchro, would grind from any gear going into 5th.

I reported it 8mos. agoto another dealer who told me it was not a problem, i wasn't driving the car properly that I should only shift from 4th to 5th as that is how a transmission is designed.......now 8mos later (now out of warranty for the clutch) apparently the whole tranny has be replaced.
Old 07-24-2006, 08:04 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

1 year!!, eeeeesh, my clutch has been screwed since,and i asked my boss directly,if my clutch was covered, he said it wasnt!... now im 2 months pass the year part ..
Old 07-27-2006, 09:52 PM
SonicV6

Hey Blackfoot,

Got a call late this afternoon when i was supposed to go and pick up the car. It won't be ready for another week. I was supposed to take it on vacation for the next 2 weeks [:@]

What they said was they replaced the tranny, blutch, flywheel, release bearing and it is still grinding.......so they are going to replace the Clutch???? again

Whatever, just give me my freakin' car back!!!

Did you get that sway bar on? or do any cuttin'?
Old 07-27-2006, 10:00 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

the bar and cutting is going on saturday night , i had to run some errands when i got home lastngiht, and im too lazy to do anything tonight lol
Old 07-27-2006, 10:01 PM
DylanFan
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: petepete

yeaa my door handle doesnt close either cheao plastic stuff
I had the same problem with the door handle on the driver's side of a 2005 V6 Coupe. Took it in to the dealer and it was covered under the warranty. They ordered a new handle that was prepainted. It was a perfect match. I couldn't tell they had even changed it.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:01 PM
SonicV6

Good luck with that, I'll expect results when I get back from vacation.
Old 07-27-2006, 10:02 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

grinding..like grinding the gears?!?!?

ill try and get the inside scoop on saturday when im at DFL , ill ask mike whats up
Old 07-27-2006, 10:05 PM
joshetc
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mdlesk

Okay, thanks. What do I tell them on the phone, just that occasionally it stutters. Oh also, my passenger side door handle doesn't close all of the way, i think it's a spring or something, that should be covered too, right?
Wondering if theres anything out on that door handle. I was talking to my dads friend, a mechanic about the problem I've been having. He actually works at ford.. didnt say anything about it being a regular thing, never know though.

If it is I'd love to make ford do it under warrantee instead of having him or myself take half the door apart

Mines on the driver side btw.. and we tried oiling it. Did a ton of good..

Quick Reply: cool new info