MustangForums.com

MustangForums.com (https://mustangforums.com/forum/index.php)
-   V6 S197 General Discussion (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion-48/)
-   -   Methanol Injection - N/A (https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-s197-general-discussion/157414-methanol-injection-n-a.html)

996r916sps 07-26-2006 11:29 AM

Methanol Injection - N/A

Hey,

Just a quick update to my previous posting. I spoke with Lidio at Alternative Auto this morning, and my car has gone from 201rwhp to 215rwhp with methanol injection. This was just a trail setup, until I can afford the Vortech supercharger later this year. This was all done on 87 octane gas! This is a big deal as regular gas passes the $3.00/gallon mark and premium is $3.20/gallon.

Alternative Auto should have everything ready for me later this afternoon, but I thought I would give everyone a heads up on the improvement. I hope to have enough extra funds soon, to buy at set of JBA headers as the magazines say 9-10rwhp over stock. Then it will be time for the supercharger with 9 lbs of boost.

I will post all the final deatils once I pick up the car later today and test drive it.

Hope this helps!

BlueStang6 07-26-2006 11:44 AM

RE: Methanol Injection - N/A

ORIGINAL: 996r916sps

Hey,

Just a quick update to my previous posting. I spoke with Lidio at Alternative Auto this morning, and my car has gone from 201rwhp to 215rwhp with methanol injection. This was just a trail setup, until I can afford the Vortech supercharger later this year. This was all done on 87 octane gas! This is a big deal as regular gas passes the $3.00/gallon mark and premium is $3.20/gallon.

Alternative Auto should have everything ready for me later this afternoon, but I thought I would give everyone a heads up on the improvement. I hope to have enough extra funds soon, to buy at set of JBA headers as the magazines say 9-10rwhp over stock. Then it will be time for the supercharger with 9 lbs of boost.

I will post all the final deatils once I pick up the car later today and test drive it.

Hope this helps!
Congrats! Sounds like Lidio has developed/tested and ready to sell a meth kit for the 4.0L V6 w/centrifugal supercharger (Vortech). Question - did he mention or do you know if he can adapt this to a roots blower like the X-Charger. That's where I'm headed but without an intercooler or meth injection I'm holding off because I'd like to safely get to 9+ boost. And Thanks for the update.

John

996r916sps 07-26-2006 11:49 AM

I'm sure it would work nicely with the X-charger and 9 lbs. Lidio runs methanol and up to 15lbs on his 2005 GT, with a Vortech.

Methanol will help any combination, that was the reason for our test on my N/A car. Check out the Alternative Auto website, they have some cool waterbox articles on methanol and supercharging all types of vehicles.

Thanks & Good Luck!

petepete 07-26-2006 02:36 PM

if that doesnt work i think the NX Ntercooler would work with xcharger im not sure it keeps it cool with co2 or nitrous and acts liek a 50 shot

SPARTAN VI 07-26-2006 03:56 PM

Havent heard much about this so I'm going slip into my noobie gown. Is this methanol injection kit like a 10HP shot of nitrous? [&:]

chrisc 07-26-2006 04:00 PM

ORIGINAL: SPARTAN VI

Havent heard much about this so I'm going slip into my noobie gown. Is this methanol injection kit like a 10HP shot of nitrous? [&:]

from what i have *heard* it is constant, so it isnt like "push the button and get power", you juet have it injection methanol all the time

but this is what i have heard, so i am not too sure

scrming 07-26-2006 04:11 PM

the quick and easy explaination is methanol raises your octane rating to like 106 which aollow you to increase your timing. Also it act as a cooling agent which of course is great if you are running FI... remember cooler air is better! more power and less chance of detonation... normally you would run a 50/50 mix for meth and water...

BlueStang6 07-26-2006 04:20 PM

ORIGINAL: chrisc

from what i have *heard* it is constant, so it isnt like "push the button and get power", you juet have it injection methanol all the time

but this is what i have heard, so i am not too sure
Got this off Lidio's site - granted the article was written for his 99-04 GT Meth kit, it might also be the same for the 05+ V6 kit.

"The kit uses the MAF signal to determine when and how much Methanol to start to flow proportionally. This has already proven to make for a pretty seamless transition from no methanol to when the methanol starts to flow. As mentioned earlier we make about a 20-30% reduction in commanded WOT fuel tables in a typical Mustang tune when seeing about 12-14psi of non-intercooled boost when the Methanol is flowing....."

996r916sps 07-26-2006 05:06 PM

Hey,

Some of you are correct. It is a seemless install that is progressive all the time. It is not like nitrous or NX Ntercooler. If you go to www.alternativeauto.com you can read a few articles about these kits and what they do.

Thanks!

Furinox 07-26-2006 05:24 PM

How much is the kit and is there a "canned" tune available for it, or must it be dyno tuned to use?
How often do you have to refill the container and what is the cost of doing so?