Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Mustang Pride!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2006, 12:34 AM
bluhawkshockey31
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang Pride!!!!

my aunts friend has a 2004 P-51 roush mustang...and everytime we pass in town we wave haha...i guess that counts. but a guy pulled up to me yesterday in a 05 or 06 red vert and gave a thumbs up to me and i gave him a thumbs up and a "sweet ride" back...he waved then made a left turn. Never thought about it...but i guess were all just one big family...
Old 07-28-2006, 12:35 AM
bluhawkshockey31
2nd Gear Member

btw that P-51 mustang is f'n sweet...and its FAST! I think they were a really rare model, they payed well over 50-60 g's for it i think.....
Old 07-28-2006, 12:38 AM
goxley11
2nd Gear Member

Got the same respect from a guy in a pre-S197 Saleen. We pulled up next to each other at a light, he gave me a knowing nod and I gave him a thumbs up. Felt pretty good.
Old 07-28-2006, 01:12 AM
SparkYZ
2nd Gear Member

The other day I saw a 69 Mustang Sportsroof (I dont think it was a Mach 1) in the light blue color (Mine's windveil blue)
So I say wow and haul *** to catch him. We gave eachother thumbs up along with the traditional "Nice ride"
Old 07-28-2006, 01:23 AM
andrews0915
2nd Gear Member

What kinda sucks is where I live a lot of the people driving the new model stangs are middle aged wives/mothers who have no concept of what they have. They certainly don't get it when I wave or anything, they think I'm nuts. Once in a while I pass an older model one or a guy driving one who seems to understand but they are few and far between, and there aren't even many stangs around to begin with.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:09 AM
Jeremy
4th Gear Member

Most of the time I'll wave if the person is passing by in a Mustang, lotta times they don't even look over.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:15 AM
delstang05
1st Gear Member

Most of the time I get more waves and compliments from non-Mustang owners. Like the other day, this guy in a red C5 vett pulled up at a light and told me I had a sweet ride. He then took off and I just watched him go... lol
Old 07-28-2006, 02:22 AM
Jeremy
4th Gear Member

I get alot of Vettes stareing at my car. I laugh cause most of the time Vette owners won't look at people cars. Maybe they like mine better?
Old 07-28-2006, 02:24 AM
delstang05
1st Gear Member

Yeah, I guess when the guy took off he thought I would follow pursuit. But I didn't even try because I know when to draw the line.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:29 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

I been going crusin wasting gas for no reason too LOL I have not came across any compliments yet but Im sure I will. People in Mesa are weird. I try to get up next to other mustangs and say high and they look at me like im a retard LOL

I did get props a few hours ago from a Impreza though!! I finally had a good run in sence I got my blower in. A subaru WRX impreza. It had four doors and it was silver with rims. He had just bought it and I pulled up to a red light and he switches lanes to get next to me too go. So I rev let him hear the BOF incase he didn't hear my loose belt! LOL The light turns green and I let the clutch go at about 3000 or 3500 meybe.... I broke loose for a minute in first but then the boost kicked in with 2nd gear and I hooked and passed him going into 3rd!! and I was way ahead in 4th but i don't know if he let up or not. He pulled up aside and asked how much hp I had & what supercharger? I told him around 275 and procharger he gave me thumbs up!!!. I think if we both have had better experience with our cars, his being new and he just got it and me having the supercharger just put in it would have been a better race but heh. I know that if I didn't get greedy and try to launch at my build boost level I would have hooked and it would have been over from a dig for sure. I even gave him a race from a rolling start like I hate but hey. It from about 45mph hour I droped it in third and that put me right at boost and we were dead even.

All in all I feel the mustang pride you all are talking about and I love it and am proud to be a part of it. (even thought its not from other mustangs sometimes LOL)

Quick Reply: Mustang Pride!!!!