Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Mustang Pride!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 11:05 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default Mustang Pride!!!!

Mustang pride baby!!!!

Yep, so lately, I have been taking a lot of daily joy rides. Yes, eats up gas but this being the 3rd forum melt down I have been through, I have realized something. I’m here for the stang…and I need to enjoy it.

So every day or every other day, I try to go cruising. I know some of you know this, because I have told you in PM’s or what not.

Today’s cruise was probably the best so far, cause I saw 3 instances of Mustang pride. Not V6 pride, not V8 pride, not Cobra pride, but MUSTANG pride.

Taking the long way home from work, GNR Yesterdays blaring in the background, I traded respect with the following stang owners:

o 03 white cobra: Guy had his 8 year old girl in the car, he pulls up next to me, she is smiling as he is looking over, I look over, smile, give a thumbs up and a wave, and he does the same. We rev and then I take my exit.
o 05 Silver GT: He was behind me for about a few miles, I pull over to let him come up beside me. Both of us are grinning ear to ear, he gives a big wave and wave back. Then he takes his exit to Ashburn Va.
o 02 Red V6 vert: He has the top down…..has his girl in the car….I give him a thumbs up and he take a right turn waving.

See, being a mustang owner is a part of American history. Sure, it has a bad *** part, the racing aspect, showing 70K sports cars we can hand their *** to them if we want, etc.
But ultimately, its about being a member of a club, about pride and an American legend.

It’s days like today that just puts huge grin on my face.

So lets hear it, lets hear about your experience like this one. Who cares about engine size, its about the fact that we drive mustangs!
Old 07-27-2006, 11:48 PM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang Pride!!!!

If you've ever moved into a rural area or a new subdivision you may have noticed how everyone waves when you walk by. This is the same thing I've experienced, except it just goes on and on. I've had countless drive by waves from fellow Stang drivers.

I've had people talk to me at red lights, while pumping gas, and not one asked what I have under the hood. They just see it's a Mustang and that's all that matters.

I've had 7 vehicles beside my Stang and all I can think about is what Mustang I will get next.

Old 07-28-2006, 12:07 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Well... my most recent encounter was last Saturday evening coming home from a local car show... This beautiful old Camaro (see picture! The orange one) comes up from behind me... pulls along side and it's become obvious he want to go... I'm like no way... His car sounds awesome... got the big intake sticking up through the hood... But he's persistent... and I give in... we both go... and much to my surprise we are like dead even... i'm not sure who was pulling on who... are run only got up to about 60 when he had to shut it down for a car in his lane... I slowed down to let him catch up... he pulls along side of me and give me a BIG THUMBS UP and great big GRIN! I give him one right back! Man, was I shocked! LOL! I smiled the rest of the way home... LOL!

Oh.. and of course the favorite comment from the car show.... "I've heard stories about this car.... It's a V6 and it goes like Hell!" LOL!
Old 07-28-2006, 12:19 AM
05BlackPony
3rd Gear Member

Just today got the Mustang wave from a 03 or 04 yellow GT.
Simple I know, but really... how many other drivers with the same car acknowledge each other?

Long live the Mustang!
Old 07-28-2006, 12:20 AM
Stangrunner06
1st Gear Member

I agree Rygen! ITS ABOUT THE CAR, people!! You have no idea how many people give me thumbs up, nods, talk to me in parking lots and turn their heads or ride up beside me as Im driving to check it out!! Makes my wife giggle!![sm=lol.gif] I don't give a sh-- if its a v8 or v6, although Im partial to the 6, every time i get into my STANG, CHRIST I feel like Steve Mcqueen!! I know I own a piece of AMERICAN history[sm=americanasmiley.gif],I couldn't afford it back then but now that Im a grown ADULT[sm=drooldude.gif] it was time to say THE HELL WITH PRACTICALITY-I want my toy!!!
Old 07-28-2006, 12:22 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming
Oh.. and of course the favorite comment from the car show.... "I've heard stories about this car.... It's a V6 and it goes like Hell!" LOL!
LOL, yea, this one is great!!!!
Old 07-28-2006, 12:23 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I've had 7 vehicles beside my Stang and all I can think about is what Mustang I will get next.

Yep!!! Right on man. Once the stang bug hits....its over!! LOL.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:24 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05BlackPony

Simple I know, but really... how many other drivers with the same car acknowledge each other?
Thats just it, we are part of the largest car club in existance...period.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:26 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Morpheus

I agree Rygen! ITS ABOUT THE CAR, people!! You have no idea how many people give me thumbs up, nods, talk to me in parking lots and turn their heads or ride up beside me as Im driving to check it out!! Makes my wife giggle!![sm=lol.gif] I don't give a sh-- if its a v8 or v6, although Im partial to the 6, every time i get into my STANG, CHRIST I feel like Steve Mcqueen!! I know I own a piece of AMERICAN history[sm=americanasmiley.gif],I couldn't afford it back then but now that Im a grown ADULT[sm=drooldude.gif] it was time to say THE HELL WITH PRACTICALITY-I want my toy!!!
I hear ya man. You're right, it's all about the car. LOL. Um, mods, if my wife creates an account on these forums...can you let me know. That and she does not need to see what I really spent on Stella.
Old 07-28-2006, 12:31 AM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

today i drove my 1970 vert to work, so i can do a rad , and rad cap pressure test to make sure my headgasket was my only leak, and i was beside this old couple probobly late 50s early 60's driving an 05 vert V6..and i waved, and hte old lady in the pass seat, smile and waved, then you could tell they were saying good things after that (traffic) was beside them for about 5 min :P

Quick Reply: Mustang Pride!!!!