Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

dont underestimate f-250's!

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 10:29 PM
sonicblue05
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: dont underestimate f-250's!

dont know if any of you watch powerblock..........but on trucks they got a dadge ram diesel........put a tuner nitrous intercooler intake and exhaust...........980something HP and maxed out the dyno at 1200 ft-lb's torque, dont know how high torque actually went...........those things are absolutely insane! i would say easy high 11's
Old 07-30-2006, 10:30 PM
sonicblue05
3rd Gear Member

also my friend has a ram 1500 hemi, those areent slow either, stock to stock i had him, but now he trounces me lol. (he has headers, aeroturbine exhaust, and a tuner. Just got new wheels tires and gears.......im screwed. Ran a 13.8x
Old 07-31-2006, 11:08 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

They are ment for hauling though.... thats why they have 1200 something TQ after mods they need to haul **** to the job LOL not race.
Old 07-31-2006, 11:45 AM
Zeebu

yeah buddy of mine back form college had a turbodiesel ram... he had a little extra thrown on but not much and i think he ran low 13's the time he went out... with a full toolbok and other crap in the back... he said he had over 1000 ftlb to the wheels or something
Old 07-31-2006, 11:55 AM
macdaddyslomo
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: petepete

yep those lightnings have the same motor as the ford gt O_O
bull crap....they are both supercharged 5.4L's, but it ain't the same motor.
Old 07-31-2006, 12:04 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Yea they run great! better than me supercharged! probobly (only on a track pavment though, streets another story) but its like the camary/ mustang thing. Yea the Camary is a little faster at times but its a camary!!! A mustang is a mustang, a camary is a "Im gunna go pick up the kids honey" or "Im gunna go to the store babe" type vehicle. A mustang is some what ment to be ran down the track. Them desiels are great but its a truck.... even worse its a truck for work... LOL Now a lightning thats a truck for the track!! I don't know but desiels bug me LOL!!! They run but I still don't like them. I understand how they get a kick over being just as fast as a car thats 10x's better looking and weighs a lot less but its a truck!!

Arizona is a truck state too so over here you get a lot of ******** that like to show that there desiel is fast and they floor it and it poofs out black smoke all over your car. I hate that!!!!, they do it on purpose too , I know they do. I hate the way they sound when they Idle, I hate the way they smell, I hate the thick smoke that they produce when they are boke in when they floor it, I hate how almost everyone who owns one has this thing that when they park and go into a store or something they leave it running like everyone wants to smell desiel fuel.

I think I hate desiels LOL
Old 07-31-2006, 12:57 PM
Zeebu

rick, youre so angry...

i grew up in hicksville way out in BFE... i didnt have a truck... but most my friends did... there, the contests are truck pulls and just backing your trucks into a circle around a fire/lake and drinking beer on the tailgate while we see who can make their truck the loudest... some good times
Old 08-01-2006, 07:49 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

man i love diesel, everything you described that you hated, is what i love... but i love most is when people come up to me and tell me im burning oil... LMAO! i get a kick everytime..

diesel overfuel , hence the black smoke,.. if i was burning oil, it would be blue
Old 08-01-2006, 07:51 PM
P Zero
5th Gear Member

www.galebanks.com all I gotta say about diesels.
-P.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:06 PM
fitbikeco
3rd Gear Member

ya the market for diesls is gettin quite out of control
they are gaining quite the reputation for being stripdown drag trucks
and the banks sidewinder is and the tip of it all running just above 12 at 115 mph

Quick Reply: dont underestimate f-250's!