Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

who thinks we should have our own "kill" section?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2006, 11:50 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

Default RE: who thinks we should have our own "kill" section?

my only issue with the real street/strip section is that nobody believes me when i every say anything there! they all call BS and ask for videos, and when i cant show videos (obviosuly i dont take a camera out every time i go driving) they say that i am a piece of crap
Old 07-29-2006, 11:52 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chrisc

my only issue with the real street/strip section is that nobody believes me when i every say anything there! they all call BS and ask for videos, and when i cant show videos (obviosuly i dont take a camera out every time i go driving) they say that i am a piece of crap
Do you at least post timeslips? Have you ever posted ANY video from the track? Or is it all just street kills?
Old 07-29-2006, 11:54 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

hey rygen... remember when MSP said he pulled on the Z06? Heck, even his fellow 4.0L owners didn't believe him... LOL! usually don't tend to read kill stories... so I don't know.. are you posting storie that might be a bit hard to believe???
Old 07-30-2006, 12:03 AM
petepete
5th Gear Member

I once ownt a twin turbo z06

When i was sleeping
Old 07-30-2006, 12:10 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

they have all been street kills, i have never actually gone to the track....i mean the section is called street/strip

what i find is, they base all their talk on the fact that "v6's must be slow". those guys called BS on me when said i beat a Impreza RS and early 90s 5.0 stang.....seriously....numbers back me up and they dont even believe me....pretty much i dont stray far from the 2005-2006 section
Old 07-30-2006, 12:54 AM
LX200
4th Gear Member

I think we have enough sub-sections now. The more we get, the more places you have to check.

Also, I mod just because the technical aspects are fun, and I like my car to have better pickup and response. I have been challenged several times, by crappy little ricers I am sure I could have beaten, but I always blow it off. I am at a stage in my life where I have too much to lose by racing and having a crash or wiping somebody out. So.... no racing for me !!!
Old 07-30-2006, 01:56 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

street kills are bad. take it to the track then post time slips or get your picture on the track web site like i did. if you race on the street dont drive buy me. street racing is stupid and kills people. might as well buy a honda and put a fart can on it! love the car . bla bla bla. i am so tire of reading about street kills its like being a fat chick and posting a pic of a babe unless you are there who can prove it. are we a bunch of teenagers? come on grow up!
Old 07-30-2006, 03:22 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

the thing is, all you guys who say that all races should be on the track have stuff to lose in life if something happens to you on the street, and I dont blame you. I mean, if you have a family who you are supporting, it is your responsibility to keep yourself safe. But for a lot of the young guys like me who race on the street, we dont really have much to lose. Like...if i crash into a pole and die, there are no people who will suffer from that. Also, I would never put another person at risk, because I wouldnt want their family to suffer from that loss, as in i only race in closed off roads and stuff like that.

Because seriously, if i was racing and lost control and fell off a cliff (almost happened) i doubt anybody would really notice for a while...other than things like "ummm....he didnt return my call" lol.

So if i were to die right now, a few people might cry, my family who has claimed me as their failure child might realize that they love me more than they think, a few of my "friends" will say things like "he was a really cool guy", and I will be forgotten a few months or years down
Old 07-30-2006, 03:32 AM
Fizzie06
3rd Gear Member

the thing is, all you guys who say that all races should be on the track have stuff to lose in life if something happens to you on the street, and I dont blame you. I mean, if you have a family who you are supporting, it is your responsibility to keep yourself safe. But for a lot of the young guys like me who race on the street, we dont really have much to lose. Like...if i crash into a pole and die, there are no people who will suffer from that. Also, I would never put another person at risk, because I wouldnt want their family to suffer from that loss, as in i only race in closed off roads and stuff like that.

Because seriously, if i was racing and lost control and fell off a cliff (almost happened) i doubt anybody would really notice for a while...other than things like "ummm....he didnt return my call" lol.

So if i were to die right now, a few people might cry, my family who has claimed me as their failure child might realize that they love me more than they think, a few of my "friends" will say things like "he was a really cool guy", and I will be forgotten a few months or years down

I am 22 and look foward to life and what it will bring me. The bad comes w/ the good. Most everybody has raced on the streets or at least gunned it in their car on the streets its just alot safer to do on the track. if you don't think you have much to look foward to think about the people you might hit while street racing and kill and the family involved. I am sorry you don't feel you have much to live for but if you kill someone in the process and you don't die look foward to spending alot of time in jail for murder. Just my .02 cents
Old 07-30-2006, 03:37 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

i am not saying that there isnt much ahead of me, because i know for a fact that i am in a very good position and very well directed now, but if i die, i just die lol, then it's all over and all that stuff that i could have had in my future is pointless. Plus, as I said, I only race in completely closed off streets (which we have a lot of here because there are so many construction zones) so i dont really worry about hurting some random person standing around. Most of it is just 4 lane pavement through grassy-tree area

Quick Reply: who thinks we should have our own "kill" section?