Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

DAMN COPS

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2006, 01:27 PM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

Default RE: DAMN COPS

ORIGINAL: Dats1NiceMustang

The officer actually had a green box cutter that he pushed a button on the side are something and the razor came out so he made me use that
Convienient... it's probably one of his sick power moves to make his ***** grow... I do think i'd write his boss... he can enforce the law but he cannot make you take the tint off.... he was overstepping... like i said above, normally fix-it tickets are written in these cases...
Old 07-30-2006, 01:42 PM
BlueStang6
2nd Gear Member

Hey, this might be a bit off-topic but I've never really understood why they make it illegal for tint on the front side windows. I mean if its really because the officer can't see inside and it's a matter of the officers safety, how the HELL is a rock-crawler that's 20 feet high legal? The cop would have to be on stilts to see whether the occupants have weapons or drugs or whatever. Or am I just dense? Frankly, I think a most cops let you slide because they're just regular people and know the score; the other's suffer from the John Wayne syndrome and need to get a life.

Old 07-30-2006, 02:42 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

I never pull people over for things I know I do myself.

-The fuzz.
Old 07-30-2006, 03:29 PM
Stangrunner06
1st Gear Member

THE GUY WAS AN A..HOLE!!! Next time- write me a ticket or run me in! If he insist, turn your camera phone on to record the instance for court sakes and for the lawsuit in case you get injured. Maybe he will think twice before trying that Bullsh.. again.

While he's breakin your ba..s,some other F... is getting away with murder! Tell him that one![sm=icon_flaming.gif]
Old 07-30-2006, 03:35 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Wow, that is the craziest thing I've heard in a while. I think I would have just taken the ticket, that's not a moving violation so it wouldn't affect your insurance.

ORIGINAL: BlueStang6

Hey, this might be a bit off-topic but I've never really understood why they make it illegal for tint on the front side windows. I mean if its really because the officer can't see inside and it's a matter of the officers safety, how the HELL is a rock-crawler that's 20 feet high legal?
It is indeed so they can see in to make sure you don't have a gun in your hand. It's amazing how often a simple traffic stop turns into a shootout. They also need to know if there's just a driver or a whole car full of thugs so they can call for backup if needed. In addition, it is so they can look into cars going down the road to make sure everyone's wearing their seatbelts and that they aren't smoking weed and/ or drinking. As for the jacked up rock-crawler type vehicles, it is illegal in Texas to exceed a certain ride height and probably is in other states as well. Enforcement of suspension and window tinting is another matter, at least here in Texas it seems the enforcement is pretty light on such things.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:11 PM
1stV6Stang

I live with my parents in Laguna Beach, CA and it's really upscale. A local cop told me that he usually stops cars with tinted windows on the Driver/Passenger windows if it fits a certain profile. Like ricers and stuff that are obviously from out of town just to keep them aware that Laguna will not take lightly to trouble. He also said that while his safety is an issue, mostly window tints are a safety hazard to the driver and passengers. He said if that tinted glass (within legal %) is okay because in an accident if the occupants need to exit through the windows, the glass will shatter as required by the National Transportation and Safety Board specs. Third party tint puts a film over the glass and, according to the NTSB, in an accident will prevent the glass from shattering and could cause injury to the occupants or prevent them from exiting the car. He said that the laws don't say anything about the cops safety being the issue but they let people believe it because most people know how dangerous is can be to come up to a vehicle that you cannot see inside. He said its mostly an urban legend but a good one. I don't know how true this is but that's what I heard and I kind of believe it.
Old 07-30-2006, 04:47 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

cops that pull that kind of crap have small penises, proven fact
Old 07-30-2006, 05:00 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

when my car flipped my tinted windows shattered very nicely! lol
Old 07-30-2006, 05:09 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Hi-jack; You live in Laguna Beach? I'm in Dana Point, What does your Stang look like, I'll honk if I see you!
ORIGINAL: 1stV6Stang

I live with my parents in Laguna Beach, CA and it's really upscale. A local cop told me that he usually stops cars with tinted windows on the Driver/Passenger windows if it fits a certain profile. Like ricers and stuff that are obviously from out of town just to keep them aware that Laguna will not take lightly to trouble. He also said that while his safety is an issue, mostly window tints are a safety hazard to the driver and passengers. He said if that tinted glass (within legal %) is okay because in an accident if the occupants need to exit through the windows, the glass will shatter as required by the National Transportation and Safety Board specs. Third party tint puts a film over the glass and, according to the NTSB, in an accident will prevent the glass from shattering and could cause injury to the occupants or prevent them from exiting the car. He said that the laws don't say anything about the cops safety being the issue but they let people believe it because most people know how dangerous is can be to come up to a vehicle that you cannot see inside. He said its mostly an urban legend but a good one. I don't know how true this is but that's what I heard and I kind of believe it.
Old 07-30-2006, 05:11 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Don't talk bad about John Wayne, he was a hero!
ORIGINAL: BlueStang6

Hey, this might be a bit off-topic but I've never really understood why they make it illegal for tint on the front side windows. I mean if its really because the officer can't see inside and it's a matter of the officers safety, how the HELL is a rock-crawler that's 20 feet high legal? The cop would have to be on stilts to see whether the occupants have weapons or drugs or whatever. Or am I just dense? Frankly, I think a most cops let you slide because they're just regular people and know the score; the other's suffer from the John Wayne syndrome and need to get a life.

Quick Reply: DAMN COPS