Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

DAMN COPS

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 09:56 AM
djl0657
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: DAMN COPS

I am a retired officer and read all of the posts with interest. While I never had time to sit along the side of the road and watch someone scrape off tint, two thoughts come to mind.

One, he cut you a break by NOT citing you. This might not seem like a break and in MARYLAND, the ticket would not have carried points on your license.

Two, judging solely on the circumstances, it sounds like you might have done or said something that "aroused his competitive spirit", prompting him to order the tint removal. As is often the case when I hear or read such stories, I would like to hear his version. Remember, most of the officer's response will be based on how you respond to the stop and comments that you make. I retired in 2000, but prior to that I noticed that many of the young drivers were getting mouthier and challenged my reasons for doing my job more and more.

I've read posts on here where guys feel that they are entitled to do anything they choose to their cars. While an interesting philosophy, operating a motor vehicle is all States is PRIVILEGE offered by the State, not an absolute right. As a result, the State can govern what you are allowed to do to your car (I just read the post where the guy took off his front plate and replaced it with a MUSTANG plate, I hope he doesn't fuss too much when he gets stopped every five miles or so). Not trying to stir anything up, just offering some more thoughts.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:01 AM
Mansmadlogic
1st Gear Member

forget that any town dispute the man not to the point of arrest but still they work for the people they dont need to be a$$es about it
Old 08-06-2006, 10:20 AM
joshetc
2nd Gear Member

Thats why you are given the opportunity to take your ticket and dispute it in court. Theres nothing wrong with having a few words but you have to be careful you don't take it too far.

also djl0657, are front plates really required in all states? I was under the impression that only the rear is required in most. I've seen a ton of cars that don't even have brackets for front plates.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:25 AM
Mansmadlogic
1st Gear Member

front plates are not required in most states i think CA is the main one that still requires them if even they do
Old 08-06-2006, 11:17 AM
jittie
1st Gear Member

Virginia does too. Definitely made me happy getting to take my ugly *** license place off the front of my car when I moved to Florida.
Old 08-06-2006, 03:52 PM
JokerCPoC
1st Gear Member

I would love to have a place to mount a front handicapped license plate on My current car, But one of the previous owners either took It off or It fell off during a commute, But My next car will have a place for It so I won't worry about It as I've not had a place for a front plate ever since I bought the car over 2 years ago and not one Sheriffs deputy or CHP officer has ever pulled Me over for that, And Yeah I live in California.
Old 08-06-2006, 05:17 PM
Playboy06
2nd Gear Member

Who knows, call a lawyer and ask if the cop was over-stepping.
Old 08-06-2006, 06:05 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

What does this statement mean?[sm=dontgetit.gif]
ORIGINAL: Mansmadlogic

forget that any town dispute the man not to the point of arrest but still they work for the people they dont need to be a$$es about it
Old 08-06-2006, 07:08 PM
jittie
1st Gear Member

I think it's supposed to go like this....

Forget that!! Any town, dispute the man!! Not to the point of arrest, but still they work for the people. They dont need to be a$$es about it!

That's my interpretation anyways, I'm a little exclamation point happy...
Old 08-06-2006, 08:13 PM
QWKYNUF

ORIGINAL: jittie

I think it's supposed to go like this....

Forget that!! Any town, dispute the man!! Not to the point of arrest, but still they work for the people. They dont need to be a$$es about it!

That's my interpretation anyways, I'm a little exclamation point happy...
Ahhhh..... Punctuation is a wonderful thing! I tried to parse that sentence several times before I realized that I didn't really care enough to put that level of effort into it.

QWKYNUF

Quick Reply: DAMN COPS