Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Played with a vette this morning

Old 07-30-2006, 01:37 PM
vistapony
2nd Gear Member

Default Played with a vette this morning

I was out an about early this morning getting more stain for my fence at the Home Depot. I figured I'd get out early and do some this morning before the 100 degree temps come back. On the way home, I found the usual "long" way home to cruise a little bit. At a stoplight, a newer convertable vette (It had the pop out headlights) pulled up behind me. At the next intersection it pulled into the left lane beside me and I saw that the driver was a VERY cute gal. She looked over and smiled and neither of us did anything and just drove side by side for about a mile until we both needed to turn right. We turned right and assumed the same driving position as we had before, her in the left lane and me in the right. The road was wide open at this point so she gunned it for a couple of seconds and in the blink of an eye was WAY ahead of me (hey it's a vette what do you expect). She slowed back down and got beside me and then I floored it. I quickly jumped ahead until she put her foot down and quickly reeled me in. At the next light we stopped beside each other and she looked over and said "your exhaust sounds GREAT!" and "That's quite a nice looking sixxer". I thanked her and said her car was beautiful too. She smiled and then turned left.

She made my morning. It's just refreshing to know that there are folks out there (and some fine women too, that appreciate our cars for what they are and the work we put into them.

I dont' street race often, but this was just playing around a bit as I would never expect anything less than the vette outclassing my 4.0L. It was fun though to hear that vette wind up and fly by me....what an awesome machine......AND driver!

[sm=smiley20.gif]
Old 07-30-2006, 10:39 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Played with a vette this morning

thats amazing.. your story put a smile on my face
Old 07-31-2006, 02:02 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Played with a vette this morning

I've encountered two vettes. One I wasn't really going to do anything, we were at a stop light on a major highway and I pulled out giving it a little gas to make some noise... and he floored it... I couldn't resist, and floored it as well. We both had to slam on our brakes as a semi pulled out and blocked both lanes. His lane opened up first and he floored it past the semi, I followed suit. He had a headstart and I was reeling him in, so I don't know what he had but I was atleast happy that it seemed like I could have a chance with a vette. Then around 80 mph I shut it off as we were coming up on some heavy traffic and I didn't want to risk getting caught. I later caught up to him down the road, he was cruising at 70mph in a 50 mph and was talking on the phone... I wanted to go at it but he didn't seem interested; which was probably good for both of us.

Second encounter I was driving to the shore, just minding my business when an older gentleman and his woman pull up alone side of me. He then floors it and then slows down. I gradually catch up to him (as he slowed down) We exchanged some smiles, and then I revved it for him. Couldn't really do anything as traffic was all around. Then, a firebird pulls up with us and he seemed like he had some work done. I could hear the mild/aggressive cams, but when he floored it it didn't seem to be moving all that fast. I didn't race with either of them, but like mentioned it's nice that we all get a long and admire one another... As opposed to the young kids who think their hotwater tank induced Honda Civics are god.

Another encounter was with an older model Monte Carlo or Grand National. He had his track number still on so it was apparent that this guy liked to race. Plus, he had some major work done. I was exiting the movie theatre, turned and was in 2nd gear going about 20 mph when he pulls into the next lane and floors it. I tried to floor it and pulled ahead, but since I didn't downshift he began to pull away... and I shut it off early since it's often populated by police. We then got to the stop light, one lane. He launched it and it flew away, he was fish tailing somewhat trying to gain control. I wish I could find this guy at the track, just to run against him to see if I could have beaten him. Probably not though. That thing launched with what could easily have been a 1.5-2.0 60 ft or better. Best I've gotten on my stock suspension/tires was a 2.2 60 ft, but a little practice should cure that up.