Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Blown V6 on eBay

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 08:48 PM
JokerCPoC
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Blown V6 on eBay

ORIGINAL: Tres Wright

A day left and no bids!! Man, that thing seems like a really good deal to me. But this is the problem with selling modded cars, it's never EXACTLY what someone else would do if they owned it. You've got to find someone that has similar tastes. It also shows how a power adder doesn't help resale value any!

The mileage isn't bad, my '05 had 29k miles when I traded it yesterday. And it was minty-mint. Sure this one could be trashed, but then again most people who mod also have a tendency to baby their rides.
From what I've read from the Guys emails almost says I'm the only person whos shown any interest beyond writing in this thread. It does have racing springs in It and It doesn't look bad cosmetically and It has a bit more miles than My old '87 GT did when I first bought It, I almost wish I still had It.
Old 08-06-2006, 09:35 PM
demarcom
2nd Gear Member

I think this may be a great example of what you think is cool and "valuable" to your car does not translate into resale value. Like you guys said this person has 15K+ into this car and no one is even bidding on it. And anyone buying or looking for a used basically new v6 is going to want some kind of warranty, and this thing has none.
Old 08-06-2006, 10:58 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

There is still a day left, don't be surprised if this thing is being watched by several people who want to wait until the last minute to bid so the price doesn't have any time to get too high. Think about it; if you wanted this car would you show your hand days before the close of the auction just to see the price go up?
Old 08-06-2006, 11:02 PM
JokerCPoC
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: beaustang

There is still a day left, don't be surprised if this thing is being watched by several people who want to wait until the last minute to bid so the price doesn't have any time to get too high. Think about it; if you wanted this car would you show your hand days before the close of the auction just to see the price go up?
True, It could be as You say as I have no idea how many people besides Me and someone here of course are watchin.
Old 08-07-2006, 07:38 PM
JokerCPoC
1st Gear Member

Well 55 minutes left.
Old 08-07-2006, 08:34 PM
QWKYNUF

How about that.... Nothing.....Not a single bid.

Kinda surprising, when you consider that people will buy almost any crap on eBay..

QWKYNUF
Old 08-07-2006, 09:37 PM
JokerCPoC
1st Gear Member

Well It's like I said, It needed to start at a lower amount, Where I don't know, $16k might have worked, People on ebay can be finicky and there were other V6 Mustangs with Automatics, Even If they were stock. So in the end the price was set too high for the market.
Old 08-08-2006, 03:00 PM
JokerCPoC
1st Gear Member

Well the Auction is on Again! He put up a new one, It's a bit simplified, It has a low starting point w/a reserve and He has a bid!
2005 Ford Mustang V6 Supercharged
Old 08-08-2006, 04:22 PM
QWKYNUF

Yeah.... His bidder has been registered with eBay for almost 2 years, has not gotten any feedback whatsoever, and seems to be in Saudi Arabia.

It'll be fun to see where it goes this time.

QWKYNUF
Old 08-08-2006, 04:45 PM
JokerCPoC
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: QWKYNUF

Yeah.... His bidder has been registered with eBay for almost 2 years, has not gotten any feedback whatsoever, and seems to be in Saudi Arabia.

It'll be fun to see where it goes this time.

QWKYNUF
Unless the person lives in the USA the Saudi is a hostile bidder according to the rules on ebay and the way the auction is set. Besides If the person is a saud, Why not a buy It now? Instead of bidding.

Quick Reply: Blown V6 on eBay