Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Bye sixxer, may you fall into worthy hands!

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2006, 10:42 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Bye sixxer, may you fall into worthy hands!

Eeeexxxcellent! Nice choice; so where does the modding start? CAI, tuner?
Old 08-07-2006, 12:40 AM
pastor_ice43
2nd Gear Member

Did you get that hood scoop from the factory? I know a new option they added is a GT appearance package and it includes a hood scoop. Is it just a stick on one or is it actually built into the hood.?
Old 08-07-2006, 12:48 AM
LX200
4th Gear Member

I hate you.

Haaa. Congrats.

If you had a CAI and tune on your sixxer, it would be nice to hear how it compares to the GT. Is the GT a nice, obvious increase in power and torque, or is it insanely better than the sixxer....
Old 08-07-2006, 03:02 AM
fitbikeco
3rd Gear Member

good for you man the stang looks great
Old 08-07-2006, 03:17 AM
chrisc65
2nd Gear Member

Wow...that is good news. I can't wait for the day that this happens for me - - hopefully this year after a house sale.

I've often thought about not selling my V6 - but I can't justify 2 car payments!!! And I know that I would always want to ride in the GT!
Old 08-07-2006, 03:09 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Congratulations! Gorgeous car.

Thinking about doing the same thing in 2008 when the '09s hit the street (assuming they still look good).
Old 08-07-2006, 04:28 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Thanks for all the comments!! I'm enjoying the heck out of it so far, it's a real joy to drive! I've been taking it easy on the go-pedal though, I'll push it a little harder after the break-in and first oil change I've got to take it in this evening and will be without it for a few days due to a factory paint flaw that needs fixing. I think I may get stuck with a PT Cruiser, yikes!

ORIGINAL: TJ

What options did you get and what mods do you plan on?
The options are listed in my signature under the V6 pic. It's pretty much got everything except side airbags and Shaker 1000 (I carry a lot of work stuff in the trunk and need the space!) On mod's I already put some of the old V6 mod's in it (like the CDC light bar, floor mats, etc.) and I've got a trunk blackout panel to go on it as well as the taillight trim in black. Rear spoiler and window tint will be soon, sometime down the road I'll probably add a Hurst shifter, CAI, tune, etc. The usual stuff

ORIGINAL: JimC

Very nice looking GT -- I noticed you deleted the rear spoiler -- are you planning to add one or going to leave it a "clean trunk" look?
I will be putting a spoiler on it for sure. Probably the Street Scenes ducktail. I like the CDC ducktail, but I don't want to block off the 3rd brake light. I'm also considering the 3DCarbon 3 piece ducktail, the one that looks like the GT500 spoiler.

ORIGINAL: beaustang

Eeeexxxcellent! Nice choice; so where does the modding start? CAI, tuner?
I'm going to stick with visual mod's for now, I don't want to do the tuner & CAI until I've driven enough to be comfortable that it doesn't need any mechanical warranty work. But yeah, those are definitely in the future I may have to do mufflers soon, it's too quiet! Probably Borlas.

ORIGINAL: pastor_ice43

Did you get that hood scoop from the factory? I know a new option they added is a GT appearance package and it includes a hood scoop. Is it just a stick on one or is it actually built into the hood.?
That's correct, it's the GT Appearance Package scoop. It is bolted through the hood, I think there are 4 bolts and some of those Christmas tree fasteners thrown in for good measure. The GTAP also includes an engine plenum cover and "rolled exhaust tips" (chrome).

ORIGINAL: LX200
If you had a CAI and tune on your sixxer, it would be nice to hear how it compares to the GT. Is the GT a nice, obvious increase in power and torque, or is it insanely better than the sixxer....
You know, I never did any performance mod's on the sixxer. I held off because I planned on going with a power adder, the X-Charger in particular. Well while I was waiting for it to go into production, I started thinking that if I was going to spend that kind of money that maybe I should just buy a GT. And you already know how that story turns out I haven't pushed the GT too hard yet since it's not broken in, but even in just day-to-day driving it pulls much harder. It feels 100% like a musclecar

ORIGINAL: SPARTAN VI

Thinking about doing the same thing in 2008 when the '09s hit the street (assuming they still look good).
I've seen the theories that it's going to be a "modern makeover", but I can't imagine they'd do a re-body after only 4 model years on this body. My guess is there will be some subtle cosmetic makeovers, but not a totally new body like some people are thinking.

Thanks again for the kind words, and I'll still be hanging out around here unless ya'll kick me out

Old 08-07-2006, 04:33 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Again congrats man!!!!

I've test driven both, and even with a CAI and a really good tune on the six, the GT definitely pulls harder. I found it to be quite the noticable difference.

Old 08-07-2006, 04:38 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

Again congrats man!!!!

I've test driven both, and even with a CAI and a really good tune on the six, the GT definitely pulls harder. I found it to be quite the noticable difference.

Thanks bro! Well it ain't gonna pull like your hairy-chested beast of a car does, but it's better than a stock 6 anyway
Old 08-07-2006, 06:29 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

Very nice ride dude!

Be careful in that thing.

Quick Reply: Bye sixxer, may you fall into worthy hands!