Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

v6 Mustangs are everywhere

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 06:23 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: v6 Mustangs are everywhere

Nice to have a preview of the stats. However, until the car really exists, we will not know how it performs at the track.

The whole motor trend simulation left a bad taste in my mouth! I'm all for the new camaro beating us stock, cause then ford will up the ante. However, virtual racing....c'mon...give me a break!

If I wanted virtual simulation and/or racing, I would be using my xbox and save thousands on car modificaitons.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:27 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

Ok, so the (possible) new V6 Camaro will be slightly "faster" (as far as crank horsepower). Big deal. Most GM product tends to have more hp than Ford, it's a fact look up how the old Gen-3 Camaro stacked up vs. the 94-04 Mustangs.

Also, of course there's a bunch of Mustangs on the road, they look cool. You should see California if you want to see a lot of Mustangs.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:35 PM
Pimpin Pony
2nd Gear Member

oh i am not saying that I am going out and buying a camaro.... I am a mustang man through and trough.... I think i would rather shoot myself in the face than buy a camaro. I was just giving you the stats that I had just to give you an idea of what is being expected out of the new v6 camaro. I just think that since this came out ford better up the power of the mustangs or something cause I dont want the mustangs to be slower than the camaros.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:41 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ya, I should have been more clear. My post was not directed at you. I just get fired up about that simulation.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:46 PM
BigNasty06
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: XtacY

I remember back when I got my 05 stang in May of last year I was usually the only one on the road with one. I got constant headturns and compliments on my car. A year and a half later... they'r eeverywhere. On my way home today I saw a total of 13 new mustang v6s. Thirteen. Wow. What in the world is going on here? Soon everyone and their brother will have a 4.0 stang Now GTs... those are still rare sights.
I got my '06 V6 the first week of June, and that week I had a couple follow me into my complex just to tell me that mine was the nicest new Mustang they had seen. And that was with a stock Pony package.

Old 08-07-2006, 06:47 PM
BigNasty06
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Fizzie06

ORIGINAL: pastor_ice43

I don't believe the challenger or the camero will have a v6 model

I bet the do just so they sell it would be stupid not to for the companies.......why would they not

WHAT SELLS MORE The v6 or the v8 mustang.....................V6

so will the camero and so will the challenger
Especially when fuel is $4 a gallon!
Old 08-07-2006, 06:49 PM
JesseMustang

I would have to agree, I am seeing them more and more often. So I changed mine up with some stripes, ponies, dual, etc. If all the girsl in the world looked like Jessica Abba, is this a bad thing? I think not.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:51 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: omer333

Ok, so the (possible) new V6 Camaro will be slightly "faster" (as far as crank horsepower). Big deal. Most GM product tends to have more hp than Ford, it's a fact look up how the old Gen-3 Camaro stacked up vs. the 94-04 Mustangs.

Also, of course there's a bunch of Mustangs on the road, they look cool. You should see California if you want to see a lot of Mustangs.
at this point it doesn't reallly matter what they post for the Camaro...until it's in production, it's just dreamworks...not to mention by the time it actually goes into production, the Mustang will also be ready for an update.

Here's some current model changes in Engines for Ford
07 Sport Trac 4.6L V8 (first V8 in it's class) 292HP and 300TQ
07 Ford Edge 3.5L V6 250HP and TQ??
07 Ford Fusion 3.5L V6 265HP and TQ??
Old 08-07-2006, 06:53 PM
Wicked Pony
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

Nice to have a preview of the stats. However, until the car really exists, we will not know how it performs at the track.
That time is sooner than you think.
http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/artic...WS99/308050001
Old 08-07-2006, 07:20 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: omer333

Werd!

I'm almost glad I live in a very asian part of California. Everyone drives Hondas, Benz's, BMWs, etc. hardly any stangs in my area. "Almost glad" because these same people are bent on becoming one with my bumpers.

Anyway, it's even more rare to find an 05-07 in my town. There used to be another V6 in my neighborhood, til I guess he moved out or got rid of the car. I'm probably one of ten 05-07 Mustang owners in my city.

Now when I'm out of my town, I see at least three S197s a day, but at least 10 any year stang daily.

Quick Reply: v6 Mustangs are everywhere