Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Credit

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2006, 01:54 PM
windveilpete
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Credit

That's funny, I was born in Kansas and now live in Birmingham.

Guess it equaled out.
oh yeah...

GO K-STATE!
(Hope we have a good year this time around)
Old 08-13-2006, 03:33 PM
lrgnation
4th Gear Member

if they dont fix it, hire an attoreny asssssaaaaapppp! i would not let that stay like that. Fix it quick.
Old 08-14-2006, 05:51 PM
MUSTloveSTANG
1st Gear Member

If it was from the dealer in particular...(not a bank or banks)...I am pretty sure they have the ability to fix it and the responcibility to. I would report to the FTC and check out their website to see how/if they can help. That's what they're for is to regulate that kinda BS. There is supposedly a new policy now that all inquires of the same nature (i.e. auto loan) within 2 weeks only count as one. This only started in the last couple of months or so I think. I think the way it works is they all still show up on your report but as far as it affetinng your FICO score, it doesn't repeatedly lower it, it only knocks off points once. (I know, not a whole lotta good..but hey what ever hleps)

Old 08-14-2006, 06:05 PM
tsaints1115
1st Gear Member

You need to file a dispute with the reporting agency while the dealership ALSO needs to file a letter of retraction with each. It won`t be immediate but it will come off.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:06 PM
Fizzie06
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MUSTloveSTANG

If it was from the dealer in particular...(not a bank or banks)...I am pretty sure they have the ability to fix it and the responcibility to. I would report to the FTC and check out their website to see how/if they can help. That's what they're for is to regulate that kinda BS. There is supposedly a new policy now that all inquires of the same nature (i.e. auto loan) within 2 weeks only count as one. This only started in the last couple of months or so I think. I think the way it works is they all still show up on your report but as far as it affetinng your FICO score, it doesn't repeatedly lower it, it only knocks off points once. (I know, not a whole lotta good..but hey what ever hleps)

it knocked my fico score down each time 2-3 points already called.

Update:
They ran it once and then sent it to 21 other banks who also ran credit reports. WHY? Well let me tell you that before I went in to the finance office I told the new car sells manager that I have a bank that would give me 4.9 percent. The insisted I go through ford financing because I could get more money off the car......so I said fine I will see what ford would do.........it came back at like 6.5 percent and they said we can get it better then that ........I said no thanks I already have a bank I would prefer to use....they ran it anyways.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:14 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Once you sign that credit disclosure form (single sheet of inconspicous looking paper) they can run your credit whether or not you're buying anything.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:17 PM
Fizzie06
3rd Gear Member

running its not a problem abusing it is where I think I stand.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:46 PM
chuckcsf
2nd Gear Member

I hope you don't take offense but... at 22 years old I doubt you had over 823 FICO and even at 703.... well that's possible but other information you provided states otherwise. FICO over 700 is usually considered excellent credit and you shouldn't have any problems with getting into a tier 1 loan. Also, I really don't think your score would have dropped that much for running it 23 times and plus, when dealership sends your application to 23 different companies, they usually send that together with your credit report so they don't have to re run your credit again only until they are about to approve you for the car loan.

Another thing, scores over 650 or even lower than that, they do not send it out to outside lenders, you can usually get an inhouse financing so your score might have been low already.

And... some companies have a check system that prevents them from ordering your credit report more than once in a given amount of time.

Hope this helps...

ORIGINAL: Fizzie06

I bought my car a few months ago and the dealership ran my credit 23 times and really jacked my credit(823 to 703)... I just found out to day because I was going to buy a GT and got turned down for TOO MANY INQUIRES LAST 12 MONTHS. What would you guys do? I signed to let them see my credit and got 4.9 percent through my local bank and then found out they ran it 22 more times WHY??????????????
Old 08-14-2006, 08:58 PM
Fizzie06
3rd Gear Member

well I can scan it on to the computer and let you see for your self. Next I don't have a problem getting a loan due to score its because of too many inqires in the last 12 months is what it reads...........My score was so high do to a company I started up when I was 18 loans that have been paid off. Then I have financed 5 cars 2 sold and 2 paid off 1(the mustang i currently have) financed. I have no reason to lie to you on the 100 something.(65 point drop in inqires as fico said the other they are looking into). 22 w/great credit is achieveable. Never had a credit card and only in debt w/my mustang. AND ABOUT TO BUY ANOTHER ONE.
ORIGINAL: chuckcsf

I hope you don't take offense but... at 22 years old I doubt you had over 823 FICO and even at 703.... well that's possible but other information you provided states otherwise. FICO over 700 is usually considered excellent credit and you shouldn't have any problems with getting into a tier 1 loan. Also, I really don't think your score would have dropped that much for running it 23 times and plus, when dealership sends your application to 23 different companies, they usually send that together with your credit report so they don't have to re run your credit again only until they are about to approve you for the car loan.

Another thing, scores over 650 or even lower than that, they do not send it out to outside lenders, you can usually get an inhouse financing so your score might have been low already.

And... some companies have a check system that prevents them from ordering your credit report more than once in a given amount of time.

Hope this helps...
Old 08-14-2006, 09:01 PM
Fizzie06
3rd Gear Member

oh as far as the credit report sent to the other lendors well they didn't it shows on my credit report w/ the times ran