Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Credit

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2006, 03:16 AM
Fizzie06
3rd Gear Member

Default Credit

I bought my car a few months ago and the dealership ran my credit 23 times and really jacked my credit(823 to 703)... I just found out to day because I was going to buy a GT and got turned down for TOO MANY INQUIRES LAST 12 MONTHS. What would you guys do? I signed to let them see my credit and got 4.9 percent through my local bank and then found out they ran it 22 more times WHY??????????????
Old 08-09-2006, 03:25 AM
Fizzie06
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Credit

BTW I am keeping the 6 so no worries about that I just want to get a gt also
PROUD V6 OWNER
Old 08-09-2006, 10:07 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Thats crazy why did they run so manytimes? I would go back to the same dealership and tell them to fix it!!! Thats BS . I'd tell them "you only needed to run it once meybe twice, whats the deal?!! ".
Old 08-09-2006, 10:10 AM
boss 244
3rd Gear Member

sounds like dealer idiots to me. It's gonna take some time to clear that up unless you find someone who feels for you. I would say to start at the dealer manager and go up from there.
Old 08-09-2006, 10:16 AM
Mansmadlogic
1st Gear Member

if you credit score was over 820 there is no reason why they shoud have ran it that many times you should have had a lender like yesterday
Old 08-09-2006, 12:20 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

It sounds like they made a mistake, they may have been having computer errors when trying to run your report. Surely this can be cleared up since all the inquiries came from a single source it should be obvious it was a mistake. Try contacting the credit bureau and see what action needs to be taken to get it cleared up.
Old 08-09-2006, 01:30 PM
Mansmadlogic
1st Gear Member

seems ez but fixing a credit report is a nightmare when i got married my report got mixed with some other women(had the same name as my wife) aswell as my wifes it took almost 8 months to get everything cleared up wound up geting sapenaed dont think thats spelled right but having to go to court for an account that the other women had it sucked hard
Old 08-13-2006, 12:08 AM
RammerJammer

I don't know if you've tried this or if it will even help, but go to www.freecreditreport.com and get your three free credit reports(your own inquiries don't count against you). Then go to each of the three credit beaureus and lodge a dispute. Every person is granted one FREE credit report per year by law. Oh and one more thing, look at the website CAREFULLY there's alot of B.S. that they want you to buy.
Old 08-13-2006, 12:23 AM
Fizzie06
3rd Gear Member

I did that and the called the credit reporting agencies and they told me that the dealership did not make a mistake.........so I went to the dealership and they said we are sorry about running it so many time but we can make you a great deal on a car. I replied fix my credit a car is not the only thing I want to buy. They had no Idea why they ran it so many times but kept saying they would give me a great deal on a demo car that a new car sales manager drove for a month. I demanded to talk to the owner but he would not come out of his office he would only talk to be on the phone and say I will call you right back I am about to go in a meeting and then never called me back.......I am pissed still unsure of what to do.
Old 08-13-2006, 12:35 AM
davelong667
I ♥ Acer

Being that its your credit report at stake, and that youve clearly been taken advantage of by them, and instead of correct the problem, they treat you like a sub species and ignore you and give you BS, this would be one of the few times that I threaten to hire an attorney and take legal action, not necassarily sue them, but take legal action, and if they still treat you like a less than human turd.... then go for it man, hire an attorney and get the ball rolling on fixing that credit mistake, and maybe even getting court ordered compensation from the Dealer. By the way rammer jammer, ROLL TIDE ROLLL Crimson Tide!! LOL I was born in Birmingham, I cant help it.