Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Pie Aux Adapter install

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2006, 07:38 PM
SOLDSHORT
5th Gear Member

Default Pie Aux Adapter install

Installed the pie adapter I bought from praztek (MF member).

Everything works great. Sorry that I'm a **** and forgot to take pics of the install.

It's pretty straight forward, espcially if you have the help of the crutchfield master sheet on how to remove the factory stereo.

I ran the RCA cable through center console and have it coming out to the box. I drilled a hole in that little plastic cover that pops out. So now its just lift the lid and plug it in.

here's the mastersheet i found.

http://http://akamaipix.crutchfield....le_0190011.pdf
Old 08-12-2006, 08:55 PM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Pie Aux Adapter install

yea, thats cool...

i had one of the first units their released to the public and i ran it the say way u did but i just popped off that piece in hte console but have been thinking about drilling a hole in that piece that comes off.

i like the device a lot though... better than having static on the fm modulation thing, lol night and day difference
Old 08-12-2006, 08:58 PM
osxfreak

Default RE: Pie Aux Adapter install

I installed mine in Dec and never even thought to take pics of the install.. But then again it was friggin freezing out in the drive.. Anyhow I know I forgive you for not taking pics LMAO... Congrats on the Pie. Mines been running great the only thing I failed to do was ti it down DUH so on offacion I get a rattle but oneday when I think of it, I'll get back in there and zip it up.

Once again Congrats..

Chip
Old 09-10-2015, 12:24 PM
Ford_Dude
5th Gear Member

Anyone able to do a write up on installing the PAC adapter its the same as the PIE but they renamed the company I think.
Old 10-28-2015, 11:11 AM
SteveDwsn
1st Gear Member

I put put a PIE unit in shortly after I bought the Mustang. It worked really well. Since then, I replaced it with a do everything Nav unit. I understand personal finances, but if you can swing it go with the new head unit if you can. If you can't, the PIE addition works just fine.