Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

BURNOUT IN AUTOMATIC (how does everyone do it?)

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 07:39 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

Default RE: BURNOUT IN AUTOMATIC (how does everyone do it?)

ORIGINAL: workshop4ever

im sure an auto s197 with a tune would not beat a manual s197 with the same tune. And if you do nuetral drops and reverse to drive drops, well then you are the ones that suck at life. It doesn't matter how great your tranny is and how dependable it is. A nuetral drop will destroy it real quick. Although I wouldnt go as far to say that buying an auto is losing your rights to racing and having fun. I know plenty of racers that are auto, even a bunch on here. In fact, its much more consistent. Yes it may not prove whos the better driver, but its still fun as hell. Who really cares whos the best?
the only thing is.. a tune for the manuals dont get that much of a benifit compared to the autos.. a manual will probobly gain about 12hp off a tuner, while an auto will get that 12 hp also.. but have sooo many other traits granted by the tuner, in the transmission alone
Old 08-21-2006, 07:42 PM
petepete
5th Gear Member

Try this way too Put your wheels in mud and try going
Old 08-21-2006, 10:00 PM
Pimpin Pony
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: McBudd

I am not one that gets into the whole burning out thing and I don't have any performance mods on my car. I can tell you that the '06 autos will burn out. I was trying to pull out into traffic and got tired of waiting for a gap in traffic, so when i noticed a tiny hole I floored it and my tires barked and did a burnout. Not what I wanted to do, but my point is they did.
First thing... I really like your car... the hood scoop looks really nice and I LOVE the sun roof... my 94 had one... they look mean with that thing tilted up.... Secondly, there is a big difference between a chirp and squeel when you gun it going into traffic and a smoke billowing burnout that leaves a 15 to 20 yard strip of rubber on the tarmac. I think this guy was wanting to know about the latter. I would say with an auto, the rev limiters really wont let you do it. You need to get a chip or a tuner. Then you can power brake it all you want and have no problem making a very nice show.
Old 08-22-2006, 06:38 AM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

You guys are so funny. I have enjoyed reading this thread!
Old 08-22-2006, 08:01 AM
HurricaneStang
4th Gear Member

Lol only draw back to the tuner is coming up with like $600 (Might as wells get the intake at the same time, its cheaper)
Old 08-22-2006, 10:58 AM
davelong667
I ♥ Acer

Reverse, then drive... and floor it? Rev it in neutral and slam it into drive? Sounds like The Dukes of Hazzard to me. Next thing you guys will be trying to jump your stang over creeks and riverbeds after the boss hog and sliding across your hoods, jumping through the window into your car, LOL ROFL..... then one day "soon" your stang will give one last heaving buck and red fluid will be on the ground with metal chunks in the puddle....lol

Have fun guys!!
Old 08-22-2006, 11:13 AM
Ragnar
1st Gear Member

Turn off traction control. Do a little brake torqueing until tires spin, release brake and put the petal to the metal. Never do this on a turn because you could end up doing a donut.

I agree with what one guy said earlier. Do this one and have someone take a video. Post it on a web site for everyone else to see. This is too nice a car to beat up that way.

Don't expect anything like on TV. They stage the whole thing, putting bleach down under the tires for better effect.
Old 08-22-2006, 03:24 PM
chuckcsf
2nd Gear Member

I don't think anybody here is serious about going on reverse and slamming to drive or neutral drops. I think people are retarted if they believe that these are serious posts. Can't you guys tell if someone is pulling your legs?
Old 08-22-2006, 04:47 PM
Black06Auto

Here's what I do. Throw it into drive and get up to about 60mph and then throw it in R for Race. Try that. It's just as effective as reving in neutral and droping into drive or going reverse and droping into drive.
Old 08-22-2006, 04:50 PM
davelong667
I ♥ Acer

Well I was going by the post from ST4NG, he not only stated that method as a viable method, he also said the he used to do that with his older model stang. I dont think he was joking, or pulling anyones leg, but I myself was joking, and no harm was meant to ST4NG, as im sure ST4NG isnt just posting BS posts, but I could e mistaken.....

[8D][:-]

Quick Reply: BURNOUT IN AUTOMATIC (how does everyone do it?)